Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

off road - greenlaning

Options
  • 15-03-2005 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

is there an off road forum or club in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Some Irish lads/ladies are usually to be found on: here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Try this....

www.ifwdc.com

Might be of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

thanks guys -

actually i have found that most 4x4 clubs are nutters with defenders and winches - which sounds like great fun but i's not for me - surely there must be some events where people get toghther for a nice easy drive though the forrest !!! :D - anyone got any info

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

why not walk, cycle or do something that doesnt destroy the landscape

why not walk, cycle or do something that doesnt destroy the landscape

you probably do lots of stuff that i wouldnt agree with ( like hijcking other peoples topics for example ) -- but i dont go trying to preach to you how to live your life !!
    if you think it's possible to get through life without damaging anything then you're seriously mistaken - you, for instance were wasting precious fuel and destroying the atmosphere while you were online writing this pointless and annoying post ( unless you are running your entire house on solar or wind power or something )

:eek:

• Advertisement

LOL - right on, bob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

bobmurphy wrote:
    you probably do lots of stuff that i wouldnt agree with ( like hijcking other peoples topics for example ) -- but i dont go trying to preach to you how to live your life !!
    if you think it's possible to get through life without damaging anything then you're seriously mistaken - you, for instance were wasting precious fuel and destroying the atmosphere while you were online writing this pointless and annoying post ( unless you are running your entire house on solar or wind power or something )

just a suggestion... didnt mean to provoke a hissy fit.

And in fairness i dont think it was hijacking, but maybe we can just disagree on that one... without resorting to silly rhetoric that is

anyway... in order not to **** up your thread maybe we should leave it at that

just a suggestion

if you had wanted to make a suggestion then ideally you would have made it in some way relevant to the original question i had asked. This is what normally happens on forums ( a "motors" forum not being the type of forum where one would expect to be getting off the wall criticism like a more political forum )

i happen to think that butting in on other people's conversations and making sweeping criticisms is a bit ignorant - whether you would call it hijacjing or not is up to you !!! personally i would not do anything of the sort and i think people who do would do well to educate themselves in common manners -- the question of whether you did this unintentionally or not seems to have been answered at least for me by the unapologetic tone of your last post, correct me if i am mistake but it sounded to me like you did it deliberately .

there would have been nothing at all stoping you from starting a new thread complaining about people driving off road, or driving full stop or whatever it it that you have a problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wreckedhead

Did you ever get any further with the Greenlaning ???
    Wrecked head

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

thetourist wrote:

This has to be the most poorly constructed response I have seen in a long time. If you can't answer I337's criticism, then you might consider simply ignoring it.

• Advertisement

This has to be the most poorly constructed response I have seen in a long time. If you can't answer I337's criticism, then you might consider simply ignoring it.

there's nothing poorly constructed about it - go start your own thread

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

thetourist wrote:
    there's nothing poorly constructed about it - go start your own thread

Beavis or Butthead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Hey OP,

Offroad driving here differs greatly from what many enjoy in the UK. Most offroad driving in Ireland is enjoyed on farm scrubland (with the owners permission), occasionally in purpose built offroading centres/facilities and the rest of the time on managed lands/quarries where fees are paid by clubs towards the management and maintenance of these facilities.

In their defence, not everyone in a 4x4 club is a lunatic with a defender and a winch! Lots are quite normal people who just go out for a bit of craic, to enjoy a challege and very often just to relax on a Sunday morning with friends who share a common interest - More often than not to have a laugh at what the real looneys get up to!

Clubs can be a bit intimidating I guess and I could understand if you've had an unpleasant experience with one in the past. They're not to everyone's liking but drop me a PM and I'll get you a few contacts for different clubs depending on where you are who'd be friendly towards a less 'hardcore' offroader! :D

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

I think there is an off road track near Kells. Its by a petting zoo place on the Athboy road. If I remember the name I will post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Being a lunatic with a defender and winch sounds like more fun than driving around in a field in a RAV4...

I dont think we have urban SUV friendly "green lanes" in Ireland to the same extent that they have them in the UK. Most that could be classfied as such are owned by Coillte and for various (and obvious) reasons are not open for public traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fer petes sake, if this topic is of no interest or you can't provide some useful feedback then feck off!

The save the earth types can post thier grievences over on Green Issues

Any more muppetry will be met with a weeks ban.

Mike.

Sounds like daddy's getting a bit cross...

Hopefully he's going to get his belt.

Advertisement