Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL have doubled their caps???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

diarmo wrote:
    Also:
    Why are IOLBB+ users given one vaiant of the Usage meter then IOLBB users given another with a "X days left until you exceed your limit" given???
    Seems odd to me!

You only get the "X days left until you exceed your limit" if you are coming close to your limit and will go over it before the end of the month [iirc].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

March Summary for me
    Logins 1
    Offpeak Traffic 143 minutes
    Peak Traffic 0 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.09 GB [93003241 bytes]
    Data downloaded 0.10 GB [105682444 bytes]

ok thats wrong anyhow, i downloaded season7 of macgyver last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It will only update after each login.

If you turn off your modem and turn it back on your stats will update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Winters wrote:
    It will only update after each login.

If you turn off your modem and turn it back on your stats will update.

Incorrect

It cycles every 24hour period.
    Turning your modem off and back on dosent gurantee anything as your IP has been locked into your account name for a set amount of time.
    The longest I have ever had a single session was 1440minutes according to the usage statistics.
    For those not great at math:
    24hours x 60minutes = 1440minutes.

Basically I think their software is glitchy or a technician is resetting a usage server and is setting them correctly from backups.
    Logging usage is not cheap or an easy thing to do!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've said that before about logging out if you're over your cap. they won't let you back on again until the following month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I notice no difference in my usage meter...i'm currently on 15.97gig and it doesn't say anything above it, nothing unusual at all

me too (sic)

But you never know, the usage metre plays so many tricks, that you can't take that as meaning anything.

However, if some one was at 25 GB and it said "You will exceed your quota in 2 days" then that you be more concrete proof that the IOLBB plus quota has increased to 30GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcummins2

Winters wrote:
    You only get the "X days left until you exceed your limit" if you are coming close to your limit and will go over it before the end of the month [iirc].

Seems to me that it is the people who are off the trial that X DAYS warning appears for. The people who are on the trial like me the version without the warning.

March Summary for
    Logins 33
    Offpeak Traffic 27805 minutes
    Peak Traffic 11633 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.36 GB [382520797 bytes]
    Data downloaded 2.32 GB [2488952903 bytes]

Click here for history

Overall DSL Traffic Summary for
    This is a summary of all traffic since you first logged in
    First Login Sat
    Last Login Sun Mar 27 15:45:43 2005
    Last Login Duration 1440 minutes
    Logins 214
    Offpeak Traffic 162856 minutes
    Peak Traffic 71704 minutes
    Data uploaded 1.40 GB [1505149854 bytes]
    Data downloaded 9.45 GB [10149974300 bytes]

Has anyone using iolbb/esatBt got their speeds increased or had their caps increased yet???

€ircon, according to some posts here, are doubling all their caps.....oh how I hope iolbb/esatBT will double theirs as well.

Its nearing the end of March and according to another post, iolbb/esatBt are planning their upgrades to begin on 1st April.
    That info came from a rep reading out an internal memo too loudly while answering questions on the phone...so ppl please dont start replying with "April fools day...etc".

Any and all constructive answers helpfull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

This thread seems a lot of speculation and guessing. I'm surprised it's not been closed because a lot of others have been closed.

I don't really see a direct correlation between the speed of a connection and the cap. Just because you can download something faster doesn't mean you will download more. Course some room for expansion is never a bad thing. I wouldn't moan if they gave 32 gigs. But hey I'd much rather a faster upload speed cos the majority of bb users send emails, I send emails with high quality JPEGs which are usually several megs meaning 128k is hardly sufficient.

I'm sure I'm not in the minority. Upload speed increase would make me happier than a 16 gig cap increase.

X

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

in relation to the IOL cap info, how reliable is the figure in your history? Mine seems to suggest that I've downloaded a total of 24gb in a year, when I remember almost breaking my cap (plus account) in my first and second months....

just a minor query, because I'd love to see how much I've downloaded in the year

• Advertisement

Personially I dont see the pont in putting a history of all your uploads/downloads and times in a single index.

A month-by-month comparison like what eircom offers would be much more helpfull.

Advertisement