Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

end of month 250e game in the fitz

Options
  • 15-03-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I've got a few questions about this that some of ye may be able to answer, or maybe i can find this info in the fitz on thursday night?

here goes -

Is the end of month game 270e or 250e? In the sticky thread on the freeroll Rory said he won 270e credit for the end of month 250e game. Is it 20e registration?

How many people usually enter it?

Do people buy tickets to it or is it normally just people who won tickets in the freeroll?

Whats the average prize fund? I know this probably depends on how many people enter but whats the average.

Whats the payout and blinds structure and starting chips?

Is it a freezeout or can people get re-buys and top-ups?

I'm planning on entering it this month but i'd just like to find out some more info first. Maybe I'd be better off selling my ticket and entering a few of the 50e tournaments or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I'm sure some of the lads will give a more detailed answer :-

Freezeout. €270 to enter of which 20 is registration. Normally 100+ players these days. That makes about 25K+ prize pool. Top 18 get paid, I think.
    Lots get their tickets from freerolls but lots will just pay the money also. There are also STTs on the night for tickets.

I think you get 3000 possibly 4000 to start and blinds start at 25/50 but I could be open to correction there. Haven't played it in a while. Good enough standard but as per usual you get a right mix of players. Depends on your draw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

podgeen wrote:
    Is the end of month game 270e or 250e? In the sticky thread on the freeroll Rory said he won 270e credit for the end of month 250e game. Is it 20e registration?
    It's €250 + €20, meaning it's €270 to enter, €250 of which goes to the prize pool and €20 is registration.
    How many people usually enter it?
    Last month, there were 116 but sometimes it can be in the 130s.
    Do people buy tickets to it or is it normally just people who won tickets in the freeroll?
    Most would be paying to enter. On the night, there are a lot of €30 S'n'Gs run beforehand where 10 people play and the winner gets a ticket.
    Whats the average prize fund? I know this probably depends on how many people enter but whats the average.
    On average, I'd say about 125 x €250, which is €31,250.
    Whats the payout and blinds structure and starting chips?
    The top 18 would get paid. Usually only around €400 or so for places 10th to 18th and then progressively higher at the final table.
    Start with 5000 in chips, blinds are 25/50 with 20 minute levels.
    Is it a freezeout or can people get re-buys and top-ups?
    Freezeout.
    I'm planning on entering it this month but i'd just like to find out some more info first. Maybe I'd be better off selling my ticket and entering a few of the 50e tournaments or something.
    Enter the big one if you can. It's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Cheers for the help lads. I didnt realise there would be so many entrants and that the prize fund would be so big.

I think i'll enter it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

hey podgeen

yeh you may aswell play it. i won a 100 euro ticket on saturday for the monday game (thats 3 tickets in a row....somehow) and i played it last night. went out after about 20 hands after my jacks got beaten by aces. was a good experience though as ive never played anything other than the freeroll. totally different standard of players. ill be selling one of my 270 euro tickets and playing the other at the end of the month so i wouldn't worry about being the only beginner there. hopefully we'll be put at the same table to give one of us a chance! anyway good luck and i'll see you there on the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

While most of the players pay in, last months final table had 4 people who qualifed through the freeroll and one from the STTs earlier in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Your doing well to get 3 tickets in a row. I hope to head to the freeroll this thursday but not sure if i'll make it due to paddies day and all that.

You didnt look like a beginner on thursday night with that mountain of chips in front of you :) If i dont see you at some of the freerolls i'll see you at the big game.

Its good to see that some of the freeroll winners made the final table.

Whats the play like at the 250 game? tight and aggressive?

There seemed to be someone all-in every hand at the freeroll. I didnt play many hands the whole night but i think i was all-in on every hand that I played. I won all of these hands bar the one that caused me to re-buy early on.
    There was a few times when i saw the flop and then folded, but i had limped into these.

I'm looking forward to it, it will be interesting to see what the standard of play is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

The play will certainly be tight compared to the freeroll! Hopefully (for you) your less agressive style will actually be more suited to the big game - you will actually get to see some flops without be pushed all in.

Advertisement