Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counterfeit Condoms

Options
  • 15-03-2005 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

"Almost half a million unsafe condoms bearing the Durex brand name may have been sold in shops around the country. The Irish Medicines Board (IMB) yesterday warned that the condoms, sold in packs of 12, may not prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases. The IMB began an investigation into the counterfeit condoms just over a week ago, after Durex received complaints from consumers. The IMB discovered two batches of the dud contraceptives after recalling the product from some pharmacies..."

The two unsafe batches identified carry the following information:

- Product Name: Durex Extra Safe 12 Pack. Batch number: 20602503. Expiry Date: 2007/11
    - Product Name: Durex FeatherLite 12-pack. Batch number VR3073 U or C or E or €. Expiry date: 2008/02

For more info log on to;
    http://www.gayhealthproject.com/content/templates/sexualhealth.asp?articleid=84&zoneid=9

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Does anyone else find it really scary that this sort of thing can happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No.

One, its unlikely to happen more than a few times in your life to such a degree.

Two, nice people will always post warnings on bulletin boards.

Ah, but the condoms have been selling since May last year. That's ten months people have been buying condoms with holes in them.

Well I think it's scary!!

Thank God I've never bought Featherlite or Extra Safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Fishie wrote:
    Ah, but the condoms have been selling since May last year. That's ten months people have been buying condoms with holes in them.

Well I think it's scary!!

Thank God I've never bought Featherlite or Extra Safe
    Just because they are counterfeit does not guarantee that they have holes in em. All it means is that their quality isn't guaranteed & sure condoms aren't guaranteed anyway so I, for one, am not nervous whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

10? really? ****... :-/ Though as far as I can tell things are all good for me and mine... yay! *starts being more careful*

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    Just because they are counterfeit does not guarantee that they have holes in em.
    In the report about it in the Irish Times it said that some of the condoms were quality tested after they realised they were counterfeit, and many of them had holes. they were also a lot more likely to split.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

fletch wrote:
    Just because they are counterfeit does not guarantee that they have holes in em. All it means is that their quality isn't guaranteed & sure condoms aren't guaranteed anyway so I, for one, am not nervous whatsoever

OMG i've only had sex twice and i was ****ting myself!!! Checked the condoms though and they weren't counterfeit so i'm ok now.

Advertisement