Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KIA Sportage

Options
  • 15-03-2005 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the KIA Sportage, regarding reliability etc. Saw the new sportage yesterday and it looks good, considering is only 30K. Price sorts of makes me wonder about them though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Pretty average review of it on the topgear website. Selling it on could be a problem, but quite well priced to begin with.

Just noticed this bit :eek:
    The other big beef with the Sportage is the daft amount of lock required to go round corners. It makes taking any bend at speed genuinely disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tuscon are the same vehicle. The only difference is that the Hyundai has the option of a diesel engine and a cheaper two wheel drive version.

For that kind of money don't expect miracles on or off road. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

My uncle just bought a new Tuscon. The top of the range model, 2.0turbo diesel with the 4*4 option. He reckons its good so far, said its fast enough. THere 110HP i think, and has a turbo. Its still running in.

Seems a good deal, it has everything as standard, fogs, sunroof, alloys, cd, (originally they had pioneer stereos but they replaced them with some strange make cos the buttons on de pioneer were too small for us europeans.) Its still a good radio tho. I think the spare wheel is a matching alloy too. It has some amount of electrics. The spec is amazing. Fully adjustable front seats too, height adjust steering, centre rests,the whole works. Alarmed too, i assume theres an immobiliser too, but not sure.

he added on the side steps and the "A" Bar aswell for E730 and E500 extra.

Has a 3yr warranty so if you dont like it just change it in 3yrs. AA membership(hes hoping he wont need the AA, lol,,he always bought toyotas) The warranty wil reassure u on reliability but I`d say there diesel engines are grand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

they changed the radios because they kept getting broken into and the pioneer cd player getting swiped, ask your friendly neighbourhood thief, hyundais are great targets for cd players, not anymore tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭poreilly101

I just purchased a Kia Sportage 2.0L petrol 4x4. I have to say I love it! the Fuel economy is as good as my 06 Ford Mondeo 1.8L petrol! The test will be after clocking up aprox 50K Miles per year..... If I had the budget I'd look at the 2.0L Diesel! The Turbo makes a difference , Much more torqque but the same BHP of 140.

I took a little off road stint over the weekend and i was surprised with the ability of the Sprotage.

Value for money I don't think it can be betten - if you're looking for something a little different

See link for top 10 cars in the price range in the UK
    http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_article.aspx?cp-documentid=475405

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,392 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Read the charter, poreilly101. Do not revive old threads. Start a new one if you like...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement