Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Clondalkin...Just one question!

• 15-03-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I've seen a couple of reasonably priced properties in the clondalkin area> The only problem is that there is a council yar in the vacinity to one or two that i was thinking about.

I was wondering does anyone know exactly what the concil yard is used for... ie. does it smell, is there a lot of dirt kicked into the air in the vacinity, is there a lot of traffic.....

Any clues, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Are you talking about the one in Deasnrath, near the church? If so, it is just a storage yard, and afaik, there should be no smells or dust etc. As for traffic, Clondalkin=traffic nightmare, it's bad during rush hour along the new Nangor Rd heading towards Park West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Its near Sr Ronan's church....just off Deansgrall road. in the vacinity of Westbourne + Castlegrange areas.

yup, thats the one im talking about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

so really, its not a reason to pass up buying a house for...??

Well dont let my answer be your final decision for buying/ not buying. I guess if you are happy with everything else in the area (facilities, roads, congestion, transport) etc.. then the council yard shouldn't be a problem unless its an eyesore for you.

Failing that, try and head up there during ther day when they are working and see if its busy/noisy etc..

• Advertisement
Advertisement