Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam timetables.....?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Where can you find the timetables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Where can you find the timetables?

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/timetables/sum2004.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Go here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/timetables/sum2004.htm
    and select your course from the side and it should come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they're some fupping idiots. Two course that are continous assessment only are down as exams, they've missed out one of my exams. and the only two real exams they managed to get are back to back 3 hour exams, friday afternoon, saturday morning 3 weeks after the exams start.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

m33p.
    Exams go on for 3 weeks. And they've separated potential theory and electromagnetic theory, which come together as 1 3 hour exam... Plus my first exam (history of maths) is down as being an hour longer than it should be.
    I'm still kinda freaked out to see the timetable though. I opened up my notes to start studying this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

not finished until may 28th!

they're well spaced out though...

Plus my first exam (history of maths) is down as being an hour longer than it should be.

You have an exam on the history of maths?! :D

blondie83 wrote:
    You have an exam on the history of maths?! :D

yeah i wondered at that as well, mind you i spent a few minutes today reading the biograpy of Galois (beloved of Dr. Paul C.)

He was a french mathematician/reveloutionary and he died in a duel over a woman, they don't make mathematicians like that anymore, somehow i can't see poor Dr. Q leading a student revolt...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like I'll be in on Saturday too. :(

I'm so going to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I can't help but notice that the links Zane from MTV2 and blondie83 provided are for summer 2004. :)
    blondie83 wrote:
    You have an exam on the history of maths?!
    Yeah it's a seperate subject. You woudn't think so as she's never gone to a lecture in that course! :)

• Advertisement

Not strictly true. I've been to one.

Oh it says 2004 on the link, but if you click it it takes you to Summer 2005 timetables. Yeah can't imagine Dr Q or any of the maths lecturers leading any sort of riots :) Maybe Dr C would though, he does seem the type...! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

exams are the 9th to the 19th for me, all 14:30 starts :D
    science finally getting a break, well 1st yr anyway :o
    but some are on wednesdays and saturdays right at the end of the season for me so grrr :mad:

blondie83 wrote:
    Yeah can't imagine Dr Q or any of the maths lecturers leading any sort of riots :) Maybe Dr C would though, he does seem the type...! :D

I think Dr. C is more the crush-the-rebellion-leave-nobody-alive-type. or maybe a behind the scenes manipulator, puppet master...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Dr. C (I presume we mean Dart Vader as opposed to Administration Guy) probably provides the intelligence information for a rebellion

Syth wrote:
    I can't help but notice that the links Zane from MTV2 and blondie83 provided are for summer 2004. :)

Aha if you had bothered to click into either of our links you would have seen that the 2004 was an error and the link lead into the 2005 timetables.

Who is looking like the big eejit now? :D

In all in anyways where are the repeat exam for Arts held? They better not be at the RDS!

In all in anyways where are the repeat exam for Arts held? They better not be at the RDS!

I think all the repeats are in science building/carrysfort

but i'm probably wrong, i've never repeated an exam :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

printed off my *provisional* timetable for the exams and it seems that i have an exam in something i wasnt aware of! English Paper 4 (2nd year) appears to "Textual Analysis and Essay"......dear god somebody tell me this is for Mode 1 heads!

also my History Paper 4 comes before Paper 2.

Good old UCD eh?

theCzar wrote:
    i've never repeated an exam :cool:

Nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

printed off my *provisional* timetable for the exams and it seems that i have an exam in something i wasnt aware of! English Paper 4 (2nd year) appears to "Textual Analysis and Essay"......dear god somebody tell me this is for Mode 1 heads!
    Yep, that'd be the close textual analysis and cross-course comparison paper. Assuming nothing's changed since i did it last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

rain on wrote:
    Yep, that'd be the close textual analysis and cross-course comparison paper. Assuming nothing's changed since i did it last year.

wtf???

news to me and the rest of my mates in English!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Mine includes Statistics and Visualisation, and Graph Theory? Subjects I've never heard of! :) Yet half the subjewcts I'm meant to be doing aren't listed! w00t! Does that mean I pass?! :D

Nerd
    Originally Posted by theCzar
    i've never repeated an exam
    Don't mind him, he's just one of those really irritating clever people who does well in everything! :p Yeah the repeats have always been in Blackrock for me (I've repeated 7 exams over the past two years). They wouldnt bother hiring out the RDS again, cos they dont need too for the autumn exams - there's mcuh fewer of them like. Anyway try and do your best to pass 1st time around, even if you think its a hopeless cause - you'd be suprised at what you can do (and trust me repeating is not a nice experience!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

m33p.
    Exams go on for 3 weeks. And they've separated potential theory and electromagnetic theory, which come together as 1 3 hour exam... Plus my first exam (history of maths)

rather you than me my friend

Red Alert wrote:
    Dr. C (I presume we mean Dart Vader as opposed to Administration Guy) probably provides the intelligence information for a rebellion

Dr. C AKA Darth Vader AKA Dr. Black probably provides intelligence on the rebellion... He also probably tortures bunnies and tiny ickle kittens for kicks

Nerd

*sob* i'm telling.
    Blondie83 wrote:
    he's just one of those really irritating clever people who does well in everything

That's not true, i'm not irritating.

blondie83 wrote:
    (and trust me repeating is not a nice experience!)
    yep. Especially if it's 2nd science and you have to repeat EVERYTHING to get into honours 3rd year. That was 10 exams for me last year :eek: :mad:

yep. Especially if it's 2nd science and you have to repeat EVERYTHING to get into honours 3rd year. That was 10 exams for me last year :eek: :mad:

Yeah my friend in 3rd TP ended up having to repeat all 10 of his exams last Autumn just because he failed one by 5% - he was not a happy camper! :) Rather you then me though - there's actually no way I could have repeated all 12 of mine. The lack of sleep alone made doing last Summers exams pretty much the hardest thing I've ever done!
    theCzar wrote:
    Dr. C AKA Darth Vader AKA Dr. Black probably provides intelligence on the rebellion... He also probably tortures bunnies and tiny ickle kittens for kicks

One man, so many apt nicknames! :D Ah I don't think he tortures bunnies or kittens though, he seems like a genuinely good sort of guy. Which is handy because if he wasn't we'd all be screwed! (I've always though he'd make a great James Bond villan if he'd just be more evil :p )

blondie83 wrote:
    One man, so many apt nicknames! :D Ah I don't think he tortures bunnies though, he seems like a genuinely good sort of guy. Which is handy because if he wasn't we'd all be screwed! (I've always though he'd make a great James Bond villan if he'd just be more evil :p )

so you agree he tortures kittens :D

Gotta love that edit button :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

13 days between my two exams - good stuff :) Yes 2 exams.

Advertisement