Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam timetables.....?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn you to the fiery pits of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

blondie83 wrote:
    Don't mind him, he's just one of those really irritating clever people who does well in everything! :p Yeah the repeats have always been in Blackrock for me (I've repeated 7 exams over the past two years). They wouldnt bother hiring out the RDS again, cos they dont need too for the autumn exams - there's mcuh fewer of them like. Anyway try and do your best to pass 1st time around, even if you think its a hopeless cause - you'd be suprised at what you can do (and trust me repeating is not a nice experience!)

Yeah my problem is I frickin' freeeeeeeeakkk :eek: over exams like months before. I remember last year about three months before my Leaving I was needed frickin' valium to calm me down and I was also planning where I would do my REPEAT YEAR! The funny thing is the week before the Leaving I was totally chilled lounging out in the sun doing no study! Well I'm here now so it worked out in the end. Luckily for moi I've done all my essays/assignments, gone to nearly all my tutorials etc. so hopefully I'll just creep towards that lovely 40% mark in May. :)
    yep. Especially if it's 2nd science and you have to repeat EVERYTHING to get into honours 3rd year. That was 10 exams for me last year :eek: :mad:

OK I'm freeeeeakking out again. Please don't say this is the case for 1st Arts. :( The way I thought things were if you passed 2 subjects and failed 1 in May you would just have to only repeat that exam you failed in August. Please someone say that I am right! :confused:

Oh I've got to chill. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah for 1st Arts you only have to repeat the exam you fail. Not that you're going to fail, be positive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

printed off my *provisional* timetable for the exams and it seems that i have an exam in something i wasnt aware of! English Paper 4 (2nd year) appears to "Textual Analysis and Essay"......dear god somebody tell me this is for Mode 1 heads!

also my History Paper 4 comes before Paper 2.

Good old UCD eh?

I too have also discovered a paper that i was unaware of...em how can you have a "practical exam" when you're in the rds...?

surely that would involve some moving of some description...all year long there has only been talk of two papers for geogra-ma-phy....and then this fudging mad thing pops up-geog paper 3, practical...grr...hope it's just a ucd blooper...as i would be finished a week earlier...hmm liver already quivering... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

wtf???

news to me and the rest of my mates in English!
    look at the department noticeboard. it's all there, the same as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

beanyb wrote:
    Yeah for 1st Arts you only have to repeat the exam you fail. Not that you're going to fail, be positive!

I wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

ok I got it good with the times-I CAN study between exams-I will study. Hmm when I think of May I think of just running away and hiding in a box under Tara St. station for ever and ever and ever and I'll have a great life-no worries-right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

For Engineering (1st that is), do you have to repeat all your exams in Autumn if you only fail a couple in Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

No you just have to repeat the ones you fail. You've got compensation as well, which means you can get between 30% and 40% in two subjects and still pass. (You have to make up over twice the difference on what you got below 40% with anoth subject though - like if you get 30% in one, you need at least 60% in another)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

blondie83 wrote:
    (You have to make up over twice the difference on what you got below 40% with anoth subject though - like if you get 30% in one, you need at least 60% in another)

:eek: Thats pretty sh1t, we were told(1st science) that we had to get between 35 - 39% in the subject we failed and 45% or higher in another subject to pass by compensation which seems easier to me. Then again I think we can only pass by compensation in one subject :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement