Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kartin/Archery/snooker in Waterford

Options
  • 15-03-2005 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

Heya all,

Never being to this part of the World and am trying to organise a stag and some activities.
    Anyone have any recommendations on locations for:
    1. Karting
    2. Archery
    3. Playing snooker with alcohol

Staying just outside Waterford, so looking for somewhere close by for activities.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Kartin... I'm afraid theres no place in Waterford atm.. there used to be one at the Sweep just outside Waterford but that was closed a few years a go. There is a small (and I mean small) go kartin "ride" in the Tramore Amusements... which is just 9km from Waterford.

Archery... I never knew there were any archers in Waterford.. but I did a bit of googling and: http://homepage.eircom.net/~dac/

Snooker... You have Sullys Snooker Hall in Waterford City Centre which has a few full size snooker tables and you also have the Showboat Snooker Club which is in The Glen, Waterford City. The latter belongs to the SHowboat pub so there'd be no problem playing while filled with alcohol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I have heard something about the Showboat but the person said they did not know if it was still open. I presume it is then. Excellent!

Karting looks like a No go. There is a place in Dungarvan that I have found but it is a good distance away.

Also, for anyone else interested, there is Archery in Dunmore East Adventure Center, and it costs €20 for an hour. This is the main option I think as they one you mentioned is also in Dungarvan, which again is a fair way to travel.

Thanks for the feedback though.

If anyone else is reading this and knows the area:
    Any ideas on what else to get up to in Waterford for a stag (or pubs/clubs which are a must do for stags?)?
    Any ideas people have would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

http://www.esatclear.ie/~karting/track_roi1.html

Kiltorcan raceway (7th in that link) is only about a half hour from Waterford. I've gone there many times with the WIT motorsport club, it's a first class track with well organised races. It's just off the Waterford - Dublin road past Ballyhale and it's definitely not much further than the distance to Dunmore East.

Advertisement