Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan photos

• 15-03-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd linky some photos from a trip to Japan I was recently on if anyone wanted to see them. It was a karate trip, so they're mostly silly karate-related photos, but there are some nice shots of Tokyo and Hakone with Mt Fuji in the background. I'll see if I can get some more up soon.

http://www.thejks.com/Gallery/index.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

I really should post up my Japan photos from last year. (Recovering them off my almost-dead hard drive last night reminded me!)
    Went for the same reason as you, actually, for a karate championship. ...well, you know someone in my club from the KU forums (which I'm a devout lurker at. Don't let on, you might ruin the surprise when I decide to actually post), so you might've heard of it already. Twas the WSKF ones.

But to make this post seem like it's on topic, yes, photos. Soon. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Hmm, chances are you've met one or two of the crowd in the above photos. You're in Chillichick's club then I take it? I seem to remember her posting about that trip on KU, but never posting photos!

I'm waiting on a CD of photos from someone, she has more photos of Tokyo etc without us standing around in dogis. I'll stick a selection of them up when I get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nice photo's. City looks flippin huge. Was this one from a mountin top, or from inside a building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Yep, that's the one. Now I just need to root out the good ones from mine (and upload them from college so they don't take weeks to upload. Whee.). There's...erm...a lot of photos. Weedage is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

the_syco wrote:
    Nice photo's. City looks flippin huge. Was this one from a mountin top, or from inside a building?

Yeah, that one is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

By the looks of it, it was from one of the towers of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building in Shinjuku, one of the tallest buildings in Tokyo. On a clear day you can apparently see Fuji-san from it! That photo is only one side of the building, and you can't even see that far because of the fog. Another good place to see Tokyo's sheer size is the Sunshine 60 building in Ikebukuro, although that's less central. I think I might have a few from the S60 building somewhere.

Advertisement