Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage 2000 banner problem

Options
  • 03-02-2001 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I am setting up a web page as an assignment (just a basic one) but I'm having a problem with front page.

I have navigation bar on the left and a banner on the top. The problem is that when I set the banner on the top it changes the banner on all pages e.g. my home page I have a Home picture on the top banner but if i try change the links page banner to a links picture it changes the home page banner to the links picture. I've click on current page to banner and not all pages but it still doesn't work?.

All help would be much appreciated thanks.

And before anyone starts saying MS Frontpage is **** blah blah I know but its easy and simple to use for the web page I'm setting up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

frontpage is **** blah blah blah smile.gif, do you have a link i dont really know what the problem is through what you said and it could also be a number of things if you cant post a url post the html your using for the page

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Problem is you have the banner in a "shared border".
    This is a frontpage thing that you can have at the top, left, right or bottom of a page...
    So, if you wanted a banner in every page of your site, you'd put it in the shared border and every new page would have this banner in that area for you automtically... Same thing maybe with a copyright notice or whatever in a page footer... thats it, its just like a header and footer thing in Word... only you can have one on the left and right side too... for links or whatever...
    It's kinda like an include page idea, in that you only have to edit the banner on one page for it to be changed all tru your site, if you understand what i mean...

So if you want the same banner on all pages except the "home" & "links" page, put it in the top shared border. On pages where you you dont want the standard banner, you just remove the shared border and put the banner you want at the top of the page...

If you right click on a page, shared borders should be a menu option... Or else access it from the Format -> Shared Borders menu...

IfThis = Works
    ElseIf (Delim = "'") Then run away, run away

licksy2.jpg
    Don't even think about it...™

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 03-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Thanks lads

i got it working beofre i check this page i just changed the rag HTML on the pages to link them to diff pictures

Thanks again smile.gif

Advertisement