Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people actually want to be teachers?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭

All I hear people talking about in school is that they want to be teachers in primary, secondary etc.. I am just wondering how many people actually want to be teachers here as well??

Do you want to teach? 6 votes

Yes, I want to teach in a run down primary school
    0%
    Yes, I want to give myself a stroke in secondary
    50%
    stiofanDScraggssarahg_angel69 3 votes
    Yes, I want to to teach in playschools or others
    33%
    Camogie PlayaCaireann 2 votes
    No, Thank God I have sense
    16%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I believe most people wouldn't like to be a teacher because of the poor pay and psychological damage it can do to you. Maybe some actually enjoy the job, but for most, I wouldn't say it's too exciting. Then again, I could be wrong. Why don't we ask our teachers?

"Hey sir, why did you become a teacher?"

"Ah, feck off!"

Ah, the Father Jack response... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Yes, I want to to teach in playschools or others
    Wouldn't mind being a science teacher.....saying that i have it fifth on my CAO....is that saying something!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

After seeing how my class in primary school treated student teachers, there's NO WAY I'd want to do it! We were such a bunch of knackers. As for secondary teaching... not worth the hassle, in my opinion. Too much stress and strain for very little money

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It would be great to be a teacher if you had a nice class, but the nice classes seem to be a dying breed. My year was the second last year of pleasant pupils to go through the system, after that it was all knackers. We were actually scared of the junior cycle students while in 5th year! The teachers in my school soon started getting all kinds of stress related illnesses and there's hardly any of the old crew there now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would like to be an IT teacher.. but aint thought about it much.

- Sully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Children growing up these days have no respect for anyone not even themselves,I'd never become a teacher.I believe the main reason people became teacher's was because once upon a time it was one of the highest paid jobs in the public sector(The opposite to today)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Always thought about becoming an english teacher. Now that would never be too boring, the course itself changes every 2 years and so do the pupils who you teach.

On the note of student teachers getting crap from students, it's kind of a right of passage almost. But being friends with a lot of student teachers most of them never had any problems..well thats probably cause they treated the pupils are adults and not as kids.. Kind of leveled with them and earned their respect that way

Advertisement