Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question / Suggestion

Options
  • 15-03-2005 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

When I'm browsing boards I mostly use the "New Posts" feature. This is primarily why I get annoyed when inane new forums are created (Hoff, Cake & Pie etc....) because they tend to clog up the New Posts yolkie.

Is there any way to set a particular forum on ignore so they don't appear there?

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love it.
    Doubt its easy to setup, but 10/10 for the idea!
    Bloody David Hasslehoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

It would be cool if you flag your favourite forums so new posts from them appear at the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    It would be cool if you flag your favourite forums so new posts from them appear at the top of the list.

you can -> subscribe to them ...

select the "Subbed" option on the home page.. it will show all new post from your subscribe forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

if you subscribe to your favorite forums a little * will appear beside the forum name in the drop down menu whenever there is a new post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

or you could use your subbed menu because it gets a little astrix when theres a new post?

after all, the front page just gives the last couple of posts where-ever. someday you might find something interesting on Pie or Cake (although, i seriously doubt it myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I was toying with the idea off adding all the forums to my subbed menu and leave out all the ones I don't like, and browse it that way. But.....meh, I like my subbed menu the way it is.

I'm being very demanding aren't I.

Ahh... all makes sense now. Cheers Johnny & Billy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I really need to write a users guide to Boards.

I really need to grow another set of arms. Actually 2 more sets. I could be some kind of Spiderperson. Perhaps with the mind of a spider.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I saw a baby like that the other day in a circus.

Was it next to the Esquilax?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

CostumeSixArms.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Did I win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement