Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moped Insurance?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Afternoon Peeps,

My brother just started a new job and will need some transport as the communte is taking about 5 hours a day, he is fairly strapped for cash so is buying a moped, so the question is where is the best place to get moped insurance from he is only 19 and has never been insured before on bike or car so i reckon it will be pretty expensive, any hints, sites, info is well appreciated.

regards

and thanks in advance

TL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hibernian are the only company that insure mopeds in this country. If he buys the moped from a dealer he can probably get insurance through Aon, who are brokers for Hibernian (i.e. you might get a slightly better price).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Leeder

Sadly true I come from a big motorbike family and I can tell you it's murder trying to get a quote off anyone else at that age.

What he can do is try a broker such as Atlantic Insurance Brokers (they were good to me over the years). Then when he's 21 (without full license) he may be able to get insurance from carol-nash. 21 was the min age they would allow for me without a full licenses...

I'm 23 now so thats 2yr old info :) Hope it's not still the same m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

axa do bikes now too iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Axa are now underwriting Aon instead of Hibernian...according to their website you can go directly to to Aon instead of having to go thru a shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

thanks for the info gents, just got a provisional quote of €1561 from hibernian, F~*$kin scnadalous, ill let ye know if i fair any better.

rgds

TL

• Advertisement
Advertisement