Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what play would you choose?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

hav a choice of studying 'romeo and juliet' or 'the merchant of venice' for jc. what would you choose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why those two? You are aware that you can use any play for your junior cert, not just one of those. Orescribed texts don't factor in until leaving cert level

Personally, I studied Julius Caesar and Our day out in school, then went with West SIde Story on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

We werent given a choice...we just did Julius Caesar, having said that I don't regret doing it - it's easy compared to some of Shakespeare's plays to study...

I'd go with Merchant of Venice if you have to choose between those two marshmallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

yea^^
    i remember doin Romeo and Juliet (yawn)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fobia wrote:
    We werent given a choice...we just did Julius Caesar, having said that I don't regret doing it - it's easy compared to some of Shakespeare's plays to study...

I'd go with Merchant of Venice if you have to choose between those two marshmallow.
    God, JC is sooo boring as I recall...might have been the uninterested people reading soliliquays though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Our teacher has give us 'The Field' to do, and spaking of that, we're going to see it tonight! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

yeah i hav 2 choose btween those 2. which wud b better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

eugh, I'm afraid I can't understand you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Rozabeez wrote:
    eugh, I'm afraid I can't understand you.
    I'd love to see you answering student's questions.
    " I don't understand your question and/or don't know the answer!!"

Are you a teacher then JCB?

The main answer to questions on any subject that the H dips in my school seem to like using is "would you like to go to the office?", and they don't seem very happy at all when I answer "no, why on earth would I want to go to the office?"....

But if you're a teacher then just let them do what they want tbh. If students don't want to learn don't force them - just keep them quiet and teach the people who are in class to actually learn :)

Fobia.

JCB wrote:
    I'd love to see you answering student's questions.
    " I don't understand your question and/or don't know the answer!!"

It was a hint that she should stop using text language because it's hard to understand....you get me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Fobia wrote:
    Are you a teacher then JCB?

The main answer to questions on any subject that the H dips in my school seem to like using is "would you like to go to the office?", and they don't seem very happy at all when I answer "no, why on earth would I want to go to the office?"....

But if you're a teacher then just let them do what they want tbh. If students don't want to learn don't force them - just keep them quiet and teach the people who are in class to actually learn :)

Fobia.
    No, I just hold a grudge against dem.

JCB wrote:
    No, I just hold a grudge against dem.

Against whom? The teachers or the students?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I liked Romeo and Juliet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Id say Merchant of venice, learn aload form the trail scene and i will cover most questions that can be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

sorry i meant 'i have to choose between those two' im just used to txt. thanks it looks like everyone is goin merchant of venice. that sucks solitaryman, havin wasted loadsa time studyin one then doin another.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

I'd pick 'The Merchant Of Venice' I've done it twicce already and we're doing it agian, great play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

what the big trial scene? nah thats easy, well it is for me, Shylock, best Character in the book, evil Characters are always the best, the good guys are always boring, but Shylck, he's great, he's Jewish and hates the christains and gets what the retard deserves....like come on its his own fault for not staing stuff like,

Qoute Portia as the judge "If the christains blood is to touch the floor all your belonings go to Venice" or something like that

don't ya think? he could have adding more detail into it instead of "A pound of fles from the merchants blood"

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I am doing Julias Caesar and I enjoy it. So much murder and betrayal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

definitely the merchant of venice! I did that and I loved it: short, easy to answer Qs on and also a very nice clever play.

Advertisement