Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earlobe

Options
  • 15-03-2005 5:07pm

This sounds stupid but I just got another ear piercing and I'm not sure of the best way to care for it. I didn't buy the aftercare solution because I thought it was a waste of money and they did tell me salt and water would be grand. Is that normal table salt and tapwater? Applied with cotton wool?

How long should you wait before changing the stud? Last time I did it properly and waited 2 months but the stud is kind of ugly. Would one month be OK? I have very allergic skin so what is the best metal to wear? Last time I was told to wear sterling silver but that irritated me more than anything.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Earlobes take care of themselves pretty much,just a little bit of salt(not a whole teaspoon full) in some warm water and some cotton buds and bobs your uncle.
    Changing jewellery can be done after 2 weeks or so as its not that much hassle. Go with surgical steel for the jewellry though because thats known to be the least irritable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

make sure its cooled boiled water(just to be safe)

Advertisement