Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wiper motor?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I have a fiat brava year 2000 12sx and there is a buzzing from the front of the car which i reckon is the wiper motor as when i turn them on noise stops.Its like a indicator sound.

If i turn ignition on to mar the noise comes so i wondered do i need a new motor or is there a relay which could be faulty,if there is one?

Basically noise when wipers are off by lever but ignition turned on.How could the motor get the power to do the click click sound?

kind regards kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The wiper motor has a relay which controls the intermittent on-off action. It could be your man.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

would i have to take off the dash to replace this,do you know?

thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The relays are usually clustered together in one of two places - inside the engine bay behind the bulkhead (ie just under the windscreen) or under the dash (or behind the glove box). The best thing to do is switch the wipers on and follow the buzz. Wherever the relays are kept it'll be easy to get to.

Mike.

Advertisement