Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This site ?!?

Options
  • 09-02-2001 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

yo ...

need some words on

http://homepage.eircom.net/~yoyoyo/jerk/

Note:
    ignore the image on the right .. i just enjoyed making it wink.gif
    the subject of the site has yet to be decided smile.gif

Tell Me:
    Is it too crowded there near the right hand site, below the Poll ? perhaps scrap that to give the page a cleaner look ?
    Isn't it just fantassssssssssstic !

thanks,

stephen!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~yoyoyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

well tis just that the site is designed to look OK in 800x600, best in 1024xwhatever and sparce for lads (like yarself) with nice high res's... pixel sizes .. not percentages! wink.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Nice site you got there wink.gif
    whats the story with nothing occupying the RHS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nard

sweet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

well it's quite a good site, but if its designed for a certain res you should tell people before they gain access to the homepage.

I don't think its too busy, on the rhs, but what I do think is that maybe the rhs should have a different bgcolor to differentiate it from the rest of the content.

Otherwise as I've said, it's quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's a nice clean site.

The overline thing is a little diorientating.
    I'd diss that.

Also, If you're aiming it for 800x600 you could make it a little wider, you've a few extra pixels there.

I wish I could remember the image I used to have with the exact sizes of most of the common browsers.

All-in-all it's a nice site. (:

- Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

760 pixels is basically the max (rounded)width for both IE and Netscape if you dont want scrollbars to start appearing.

Advertisement