Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64 games on XBox

• 15-03-2005 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently chipped the xbox and have Surreal 64 installed on it. I've tried a couple of games on it with mixed results. Mario Kart runs without a hitch but Goldeneye, depending on the emulator either refuses to run or runs with a fair bit of slowdown and with graphical glitches.

Is there a way of optimising the performance of the emulators for the xbox? Is it possible to run a smooth version of Goldeneye?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I went to google and he said that there seams to be a general problem with Goldeneye as regards graphical glitches and slowdown so its not looking too good. The Surreal64 seams to be the preferred emulator for xbox.

My Advice:

Buy an N64 :D BTW Say hi to your mom for me...... a catch indeed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

with the limited memory on the XBOX, there are some games that wont run properly. most emulators are already optimized as much as possible. try different emulators. i think all them will have graphical glitches but some might have less slowdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

how did you get the surreal emulator to work, i tryed for days and it wouldnt recoignise the roms, i had to get pj64 which is c**p. Mine you mario works well on it

Advertisement