Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where on earth do you get...?

• 15-03-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Where do you get promo CD singles of brand new music for DJ's to play? Funky house, trance...whatever.....??????
    Stuff that won't be released for a few weeks.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i dunno have a clue where to get them legally. DO they have to be legally obtained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

It is usually given out by record labels to big name DJ's to play so people hear the tunes and then buy them. The bigger name DJ's play a bigger crowd over a number of countries thus a wider audience and more likely to sell more.

Or else get friendly with people in the record shops and they might throw you a few.
    Some (not all) are released on other labels before being signed to the more well know record labels so you might get lucky if you buy a lot of imports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Thats grand cheers ste!
    Would anyone know if Abbey Discs get in many?
    i dunno have a clue where to get them legally. DO they have to be legally obtained?

At the moment I get a good bit of new stuff from another source *ahem* but I wouldn't mind getting proper CD's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

tbh the chances of CD promos is very slim. They are usually on vinly, or else given to the djs in mp3 format. I dont know if "proper" cds are really released for dance tunes any more.

Abbey dics would get in very few, best bet is the internet shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

I think DJs get lots of new material on white label vinyl and CD-R.

You'd see lots of international DJs who post monthly charts putting down "(CDR)" as the label of some of the newer stuff they only have on promo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Bmg in the uk will send u promo cd's if u can prove you play to a min crowd of 500 people you also have to prove that the club you play in is advertising the right way , they send you cd's every second week of new stuff unrelesed pending on reaction and also the stuff that will be released anyway

Advertisement