Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the pitch

• 15-03-2005 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

im sure everyone else knows exactly whats is going on but i dont so, what the hell are they doing to the pitch?? i thought they were addind just a small bit to the car park but the pitch has dissappeared!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

someone said in another thread that they're reseeding/levelling it (it was a bit lop sided)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

is that the official word? seems like a lot of work to go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe, but its the only way to stop it from flooding. Also, it needed a bit of work, due to it being used as a carpark, and then there were those boy-racers... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

and those ****ers using it as a shortcut to greenroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye and dont forget them miserable feckers playin GAA on it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its two new all weather pitch's. it says it in the latest sports blurb. although i dont think anyone reads it. neither do i but i was in maths and needed something to do. also, its costing 300k euro(why wont the euro sign work in mozzila)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

300k??!!!!i didnt think the college teams were that good, yes i know the hurlers reached a final, and the soccer team won a comp last year but the comps are hardly the cream of the crop in terms of college competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

thats mad money, they could built a pub for that, har har. Rubbish. Like any computer people like gaa anyways.

btw alt gr 4 is usually the symbol for €,

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It's nice to see the teams get some proper pitches to play on. They are never going to be that good if they live with the idea that every time the ball hits the ground the ball is going to roll off the pitch. New pitches won't do any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

prefer new server room ... for me !

• Advertisement

The LRC alone shows that computer courses got their fair share so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye come to think of it, it is the last of all the areas to get money.

Computers: LRC
    Physiology: The Gym
    Science: Various labs upstairs in C block.
    Enginerring: Various labs downstairs in C block.
    Sport: Crappy pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

but sport is the thing that has nothing to do with you getting a job later in life so it should be last to get any money

Thats a bit of a dumb mentality. In that case you could argue that the canteen is not required either, or any services other than a classroom. Sports is vital to a lot of people, and there is some courses in the college that require them. It also helps build carachter, keep people fit and is fun, so i'd say its a very important part of the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

if i dont do it, curtis will
    there ARE some courses in the college....
    there ARE

Advertisement