Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backbone

Options
  • 15-03-2005 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Not Sure if the information I'm requesting is public domain material?

Does anyone know where one might find a topology map/schematic of eircom's/esats backbone network.

e.g. I believe they have a fibre link to the uk and amsterdam and also to the us...? Looking for T1's T3's etc

Also, a topology map of how/where mobile masts, AP's, BaseStations etc are distributed throughout the country

osmethod

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

some info like that is senesitive for security reasons - think of the damage a single JCB driver could do to a main trunk ...

www.siteviewer.ie for mast locations

there is an eircom - BT microwave link that passes near sellafield if that's any use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

Thanks Capt'n....

Actually we had a supposed 24x7 leased line dug up by a JCB driver in Cork...LOL

3 days without services... as a result... no failover given....

I know alot of optic fibre runs parallel to the train tracks for ESAT but just wanting to know if the info was there...

osmethod

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The international peerings would be far faster than T1 or T3s.

STM1 would be a base minimum, GigE or 10G over fibre would be more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

What syxpak said, most international links are 2.5Gbps or 10Gbps fiber.

Advertisement