Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the words wagon and BUNCH of TOSSERS come to mind....

Options
  • 15-03-2005 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

All i can say is ZED are the biggest bunch of tossers and fingers crossed this gets dismissed. I know very little of legal stuff but IMHO they don't seem to have a very good argument. Best of luck with this Phantom, hopefully it won't affect you too much.

15th March 2005 from the irish independant

Geldof firm wins right to challenge radio licence ruling

The Bob Geldof-backed company which failed to secure the licence to operate an alternative rock music radio station in the Dublin area yesterday got leave from the High Court to challenge the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland's (BCI) decision.

The BCI granted the contract to Phantom FM, which Mr Geldof's company alleged has a history of illegal broadcasting.

Mr Justice John McMenamin gave Scrollside Ltd, trading as ZED FM, leave to seek, by way of judicial review, an order quashing the BCI decision to award the licence to Dublin Rock Radio Ltd, trading as Phantom FM.

Brian O'Moore SC, for Scrollside Ltd, said the competition for the contract ultimately became a two-horse race between ZED FM and Phantom FM.

He claimed that Phantom FM had been operating in clear breach of broadcasting legislation between 1998 and 2003.

Mr O'Moore said his clients believed that throughout the entire selection process there seemed to have been an unfair bias for Phantom FM - that BCI was predisposed to that applicant even before the advert for the contest.

Counsel for ZED FM said that the preference shown to Phantom FM also resulted in the unfair granting of temporary licences by the BCI.

Mr O'Moore said his clients had only recently become aware of these irregularities which had the effect of tilting the playing field in favour of Phantom FM for the eventual licence in dispute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

What a load of ****e.... :mad: :mad: :mad:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

So is it being reviewed again by the courts? Does that mean that the station is put on hold or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I want my money back from Band Aid, scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

First, it was called Live Aid. Secondly you weren't even one year of age, I really doubt you had any contribution. So stop being silly.
    I also find it hard to believe that "his clients had only recently become aware of these irregularities which had the effect of tilting the playing field in favour of Phantom FM for the eventual licence in dispute." What, were they living under a rock? And the only way that might tilt the playing field is by showing who's the more proffessional of the two. But it seems ZedFm has already proven that. Cry babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Damn Geldof's oily hide!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I can't see anything coming of this, it's just sour grapes, having studied both proposals on the BCI website it's quite obvious that Phantom fits the profile far better than Zed

Go on the Phantom, 'ave it smurfpiss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

can any Phantom Person shed any more light on this situation??

Have a look at Achille's thread 'Spilt Milk'.

Advertisement