Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gumball

Options
  • 15-03-2005 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

How much do you want to do this?

Gumball 3000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Watched it Extreme Sports (Sky Digi 419). Some of the crashes, esp when no-one died, were like... WOW holy sh|t!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Maybe next year when I get my TR for my 30th, thats 366 days...yippee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Kersh wrote:
    Maybe next year when I get my TR for my 30th, thats 366 days...yippee

What kind of TR are you getting? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Fúck the TR, I'm gonna be a drug dealer and buy me a Aston Martin DBR9. ;)

A nice big red one, 1985-1991 ( theres a post in classics looking for opinions), then I might do the gumball. Afaik last years cost 8000 stg for a driver and 1 passenger, all 5 star hotels for the 8/9 nights.

• Advertisement

Kersh wrote:
    A nice big red one, 1985-1991 ( theres a post in classics looking for opinions), then I might do the gumball. Afaik last years cost 8000 stg for a driver and 1 passenger , all 5 star hotels for the 8/9 nights.

Can I be your new best friend by any chance?

ENTRY FEE
    The entry fee per vehicle based on two (2) persons in the vehicle is £10,000 GBP. Additional passengers and/or co-drivers pay a fee of £5000 GBP per person. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional passengers and/or co-drivers are due and payable within 14 days of completion and submission of your Registration Document or 30 days prior to the commencement of the Event whichever is the earlier.

WHAT IS INCLUDED
    The entry fee includes accommodation in the most amazing 5-star hotels each night, including the night of registration (Saturday 14th May) throughout the week, until Saturday 21th May. This includes all breakfasts, lunches and dinners, as well as several wild parties. Throughout the week all drivers and co-drivers will share Deluxe double/twin rooms to accommodate two (2) people. If upgrades are requested to Royal Suites please contact the Gumball 3000 HQ after your entry has been accepted. Each hotel usually only has a small number of Royal Suites, and therefore such suites cannot be guaranteed due to the large number of Royalty participating.

Kinda wishing I was rich now.

Can I be your new best friend by any chance?

Of course. Just send your cv to.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

if i won the lotto i'd be there in a flash :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I'd LOVE to see one of those turbo starlets in it Macker!! They'd get more looks than the citroen 2cv in the photos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

The official gumball website is http://www.gumball3000.com

That kimble guy who won last year is a total dickhead, i've been listening to his spouting shyte on m5board.com for over two years now,. he's basically some kind of computer geek\website designer\cum venture capitalist who pretends like he's loaded by hiring fast cars [like the merc he won in] just to mingle with affluent and influential people [whom he ultimately screws over], he's served time in jail and been up on numerous fraud charges in germany - but the bit that really p!ssed me off about him was the win-or-die attitude towards the latter stages of gumball3000 where he was losing [against a 330d] into cannes and drove [at high speed] down a heavily populated pedestrian footpath just to get ahead.

I'd love to have been there to greet him,.. and take his flucking head off with a hurley stick or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Now this is a bit of guess and I'm going out on a limb here 528i, but after reading your post I'm getting the impression that you don't like that guy?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Surely he must be fairly loaded to have the entry fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

528i wrote:
    where he was losing [against a 330d] into cannes and drove [at high speed] down a heavily populated pedestrian footpath just to get ahead.
    Was that when the Spider 360 hit the footpath? Saw that. Nice handling of the car. Some people would have creamed it.

=-=

Would love to do it myself. Just for the buzz. Of course, I'd have to get a sh|te looking car, put an excellent engine in it, etc, and do it up on the inside. Why? Because the look on someone's face when a Lada (or something like that) overtakes them (eg; if they were in a Porche) would be priceless.

The dvd of the U.S. one a few years ago is real good. Less muppetry going on, and its just better directed, and its got a koenigsegg cc in it, it keeps breaking down, but at least its in it.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I think he drove some merc, top gear had it on i think doing tug a war or something.
    They start in london this year which is good cause i might try head over for the start.
    Anyone know where you can get the video's?
    Got some footage of last years rally from ex. Like mentioned above some crazy crashes happened without anyone getting killed. Loved the motor way section when they came into maroko, miles of fresh tarmac and police waving them on :D

Jozi

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Kersh wrote:
    The dvd of the U.S. one a few years ago is real good. Less muppetry going on, and its just better directed, and its got a koenigsegg cc in it, it keeps breaking down, but at least its in it.. :)
    IIRC, I wanted to marry the toff lass in the Lambo who was in it.

Yrs...yummy :):)

Advertisement