Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting Compaines

Options
  • 15-02-2001 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Guys,
    Im Looking for a webhosting companys that’s…..
    Cheap :-)
    Supports Java Servlets/JSP
    Supports ODBC Database Connections
    Supports multiple Domains on a single account (Optional)

Any help would be at all please !

Cheers,
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

what price range? check out hostsearch.com if money is a big thing your better off getting a American host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Howdy, American Hosts are better but if something goes wrong support is easier to get from a local Host. Most sites that give webspace without a CGI bin do not object to you adding one yourself (just creatre the folder and drop it in). Another important consideration is the project duration/life cycle. If its short the Host is unimportant as long as its relaible. Longer term go with someone like Eircom who will be around for a long while(business starter pack is £340 approx.). I have had clients set up with UK hosts only to find them disappear one day (folded or bought out - no refund).

It is also important to find out the through out from the server if traffic is a serious consideration because you stream MM material(Ocean SUCK at this).

In conclusion Don't set up with micky mouse opperations and get all the details before you pay a penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

P.S. Multiple domains can be handled easily. If you already have the domains registered all you need is a "Static IP address" to point them at, a service the Domain should do for free. If you don't have them set them up with someone like speednames.com where you can do you own pointing from your account with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

At the moment I'm using webworld.ie and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them. There's a whole bunch of packages ranging from £7 a month up. At the moment they're not supporting JSP but I'm gonna get onto them about that next week and if they have any sense (they seem to) they'll set it up.

Not sure about multiple domains either but I'm sure the lads would be fairly flexible about things like that.

Check it out anyways.
    Good Luck

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

fup it... I had an interesting post all typed up...twas about IOL/ESAT hosting... clicked submit, told me my password was wrong, and hit the back button and post was gone! just as well...was probably libelous biggrin.gif

...anyway
    Try www.chicagowebs.com

Took me just 3 hours to get a site up and running..
    After i emailed them to set up a DSN to my database, 2 minutes later it was working... 2 minutes ffs....

Excellent stuff indeed... zzzzz

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 23-02-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement