Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6gb ipod question?

Options
  • 15-03-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,

Was just wondering could someone clear up this question for me.
    It says that the 6gb ipod can store 1500 songs, but is it capable of storing more than this amount? i.e i currently have 1560 songs ready to go on my ipod i've ordered and its currently around 5gbs but will it limit then number of songs to 1500?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

no, its just an estimate. goes on how much space they take up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

Cheers mate! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

You dont actually get the full 6 gigs tho, on my 40 gig ipod the actual capacity after formatting it and everything is 37.1gigs, so keep this in mind.

Best thing you can do is download itunes from the apple website and have all the music transferred onto it and ready to go so you dont have to mess around when you get the ipod and you will know exactly how much space you have used up, also keep in mind that the ipod doesn't support WMA format so all your WMA's (if you have any) would have to be changed to AAC or MP3, itunes transferres them to AAC automatically but it takes time so better to have done it before you get the ipod instead of waiting to do it when it arrives and all you want to do is listen to the thing but cant actually put the music onto it!

Another thing, you should probably start looking for a decent set of earphones aswell coz the ones you get with it are pretty sh1t in terms of sound quality, unless your getting the pod for the nob poser white earpohones factor..., anyway best of luck with the purchase

Advertisement