Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manics EP

Options
  • 15-03-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

the manics are giving away a free ep to all who atend the second hammersmith gig in london. this seems a bit unfair on the other fans who see them. still banking they will come to cork!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

never heard of the manics???? hmmmmm do you like them? xxkirstyxx

kirsty - feling kinky

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

never heard of the manics

ehh, The Manic Street Preachers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

awwwww right i get you now hehe i am very slow as you can probably tell tee hee aww right aw well yeah i know then i dont really like em tho bah! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ah what manics are ther best band to come out of britain ever!holy bible is my favorite album ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

dimerocks wrote:
    ah what manics are ther best band to come out of britain ever!
    really? better than the Beatles, the Stones, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, The Stone Roses, Mansun, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, etc...

I love the manics (well not the last two albums, they sucked) but they're not the best band to come out of britain. they are the best band to come out of wales, though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Their early stuff was kinda rubbish I thought, contrived default 80s crap metal. But their later stuff is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm not a massive Manics fan but The Holy Bible is an absolute classic. Few albums have ever blown me away after its first listen and this was one of them. Its beautiful, dark, aggressive and rocking. Lyrically it is one of the finest ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Peeps1977

the manics big time suck people and as for the best band to come out of britain/wales rofl rofl rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Peeps1977 wrote:
    the manics big time suck people and as for the best band to come out of britain/wales rofl rofl rofl
    Super contribution. The Manics can stand with their heads held high I don't care for the later work so much but "The Holy Bible" is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Peeps1977 wrote:

I'd hardly be the biggest fan, but they are a hell of a lot better than the likes of Coldplay or whatever alternative band is flavour of the month in yonder UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Peeps1977

I'd hardly be the biggest fan, but they are a hell of a lot better than the likes of Coldplay or whatever alternative band is flavour of the month in yonder UK.

i agree coldplay are muk most brit bands are doin the very same stuff as each other. now the smiths are a different story.........

each to his own but the manics freakin' rule. Holy Bible all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

hi dimerocks, this is my first post, you really like the manics, i really liked their first album "a design for life", is the holy bible new or something?

i put you on my buddy list.

manics first album is generation terrorist and there is no album a design for life.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

oh sorry what album would you say i should buy, the last album i bought was american idiot, it's sooo cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Whatever MTV tells you to buy.... of course.

Id personally recommend you buy there famous Ruby Trax album. Favourite song 'Suicide is painless'./

I think its their first album

theres a trackl up on that **** magazines q's site i have been informed

its taint on q anyway unless i am that bad at looking

Advertisement