Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you become Mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Beruthiel wrote:
    I personally don't like to talk about that as I'm doing my best to wipe it from my memory banks
    *shudder*

first step really should have been to wipe yourself down then shouldn't it!

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm doing my best to wipe it from my memory banks
    *shudder*

Only your memory banks?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

how many times does this need to be answered!!!

there is a forum somewhere on boards, that if you post on it, will show you know your way around the boards, and will then be made a host mod.
    you will serve this time doing dogs body work, until a position is found as a normal moderator.
    after that, its at the disgression of the admins whether or not you should become a catagory mod, and only one person has made it to admin status. that being me.

does that answer your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

hc.gifhc.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Being a Mod is not all its cracked up to be.

No pay, only doing it outta my own free will, get nothing but hassle and abuse. And Mods are there for nothing more than to keep the peace, edit the ocassion post/thread, and clear out the sh1t.

But if you feel your up for it, try requesting for a forum of your own under FORUM section, if DeVore and the admins give it the thumbs up you could well become a Hmod like myself. From there you could become a regular Mod of some forum but only by the approval of Admins.... and no you don't get paid for being a regular mod either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

To become a mod you must first have regi's love child in a dark Satanic ritual.

I called him Laurence. You like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well it's like this, you have to find out tom has no forskin the hard way...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

To become a mod you must first have regi's love child in a dark Satanic ritual.

perhaps the real reason none of us Mods have any souls.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I have plenty of souls. They're not mine though. I keep them in a little jar on my desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I think love has little to do with what springs forth from that man's loins....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

While Mods don't get paid they do get perks such as getting first dibs on the cool stuff that my elves produce for Christmas (i.e. Ruthie gets first choice out of any diamonds, SyxPak gets first choice of the inflatable ladies, Eveil Phil gets latex products, etc, etc !)

WhiteWashMan & Gordon are both excluded from the above though as they have both been heard to publicly say that they don't believe I exist !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

And heres me thinking that you had to pass the 'Amp Test' to become mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

While Mods don't get paid they do get perks such as getting first dibs on the cool stuff that my elves produce for Christmas (i.e. Ruthie gets first choice out of any diamonds, SyxPak gets first choice of the inflatable ladies, Eveil Phil gets latex products, etc, etc !)

WhiteWashMan & Gordon are both excluded from the above though as they have both been heard to publicly say that they don't believe I exist !
    Hey I've been a good boy this year, get me my f*ckin presents NOW!

I was press ganged into being a mod.. no hang on Azezil gang ban.. no erm..

As delly hints lightly at: passing the amp test is the only way to become a MOdeRator.
    amp the holy will deem you worthy of moDeratOR status if you post "amp test" after every post he makes.

the more amp test posts - the more chance of modding.
    the more on reading this - the more on is, yes.

Also, guess my two secret messages within this post and you are at the start of your quest, the force will be with you if you continue from hereoninwithforth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The post would have been perfect without.......
    Also, guess my two secret messages within this post and you are at the start of your quest, the force will be with you if you continue from hereoninwithforth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

koneko wrote:
    I have plenty of souls. They're not mine though. I keep them in a little jar on my desk.
    When can I get mine back? I kind of miss it. Automatic door's never open for me anymore :(

The lovechild I had was eaten at the Admin feast.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rkm wrote:
    The post would have been perfect without.......
    Your post would have been perfect if it wasn'ted.

p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I bent my wookiee....

Beruthiel wrote:
    perhaps the real reason none of us Mods have any souls.......

ppft1
    speak for yourself lady.

i also got rythym....

seriously, who could ask for anything more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Maybe I should start a thread entitled "Admin and Mods area", where you can air your views on stuff, like here, also you can get anything off your chest thats bothering you.

Good idea? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

kinda like rehab for mods you mean? might have some merit,

Rehab for Mods, now thats a good name for it, me thinks.

OR Mod Hospital, where mods can get help after being assulted by members (ie the BB Mod, he seems to have nice friends!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Pfft, no one likes moriarty - he just gives good head so he gets away with stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is that what that was?

crash_000 wrote:
    Pfft, no one likes moriarty - he just gives good head so he gets away with stuff :P

See we need a forum for this stuff :D
    Jesus what would Moriarty do if he heard that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

SyxPak wrote:
    /me files those TPS reports on Galway City...
    Koneko wrote:
    Don't forget the cover sheet!

Didn't you get that memo?
    my battery is about to run low, so i have to leave, so ill be here tommorow, hope your not on a night shift!

Shrimp?

DubGuy22 wrote:

Shrimp?

???????

• Advertisement

i think you will find that gordon and I had a disucssion about whether or not you should be done for breaking and entering into our respective houses, but you would put up the defense, your honour, that you didnt exist, and therefor couldnt have done it.

Advertisement