Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When u were younger ...

• 16-03-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Looking back in Dublin, what Santy did you think was the best?

I reckon the one in Arnotts coz remember they had the legoland down there tooo, ahh the memories. Im just asking coz i saw a pic of my cousin with santy this xmas and the santy looked crap, his beard was a creamy colour!just aint like they used to be ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

For me the one in Switzers (sp?) was great. Christmas wasn't christmas without visiting Santa in Switzers and looking at the window displays they used to do. Walking the length of the shop windows there following the story. You wouldn't catch Brown Thomas doing that now, oh no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have to agree with Arnotts Legoland one. Real beard and all. He was so good too, always in a "jolly" mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I remember when St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre opened up first they had an amazing Santa's Grotto. It was in the huge amount of space that is now the Cafe Kylemore. Santa lived on another planet and you were brought onboard a space ship to go and see him. The bridge of the ship was very much like something out of Star Trek. It even had an alien with a big reindeer head as a member of the crew.

The Santa had a proper beard and everything when you finally got to see him.

I really hope I didn't just dream all of this up... hmmmm

Advertisement