Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf2 + Rtcw

Options
  • 16-03-2005 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just watched the 56 minute long video from here, and it looks OK.

It looks like BF2 takes alot from Return to Castle Wolfenstein (RTCW), such as the way the engineer can give out ammo, and the medic can give health packs. Also, while I'm talking about the medic, I'll say how BF2 takes the revival idea from RTWC. It not only allows you to revive a dead person, but also you get the same count down time that RTCW has, before you spawn, that the medic can revive you in.

The min specs are seemingly 1.8Ghz CPU, 128MB (maybe 64MB) Graphics Card, and 1GB of RAM, at the moment, but these may go up or down. The one thing is that these are both above BFV, and also HL2, so this leads me to think that the unless it has some nice web code, such a high grahpics spec may mean more lag (I'm no expert on this, so correct me if I'm wrong here).

If you want to add commentry about the video, please do, 'cos I don't have the time right now, but may do so at a later time.

Oh, and doesn't that command screen look a little likethe one in Halo, or was it just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Graphics and lag dont have anything to do with each other.
    If they make a linux server from day one that wont *see* anything only hold the player position vehicle position and shot pointees. ONly way graphics will lag your pc is if your pc cant handle the game and suddenly 32 people pop up on screen online.

Hope to **** they do a decent job of the netcode and have linux server from day one.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Rtcw multiplayer is still way ahead of other MP games, the promotion system is excellent, and the way medics/engys can give out ammo and health really adds to the teamplay. If a system like that had been put into bfv it would have been sweet, but tbh im not suprised if bf2 rips it off, cause ive still yet to see a game that gets teamwork to work as well as rtcw or et

Advertisement