Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript help needed

Options
  • 04-03-2001 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

What I want to do is basically the same as above - when you mouse over the text ("after Hours", "games", "Technology" ) a nice dropdown menu appears. I've looked at the code, but I have no real Javascript experience. Can anyone help or direct me to a easy to learn tutorial?

This will be for an alteration on my new site: http://www.badegg.net/ Have a look if you like!

Thanks,
    The King.

[This message has been edited by King Mullet (edited 04-03-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Hey King,
    Why don't you take a look at the code on this page and customise it for your own needs? It'd be a lot easier than writing your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

If it's beginner javascript tuts you're looking for, www.webmonkey.com would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

He has looked at it now he wants help with it.

However enygma is right, just try and copy it and just modify what you need. It would be hard to point you to a good tutorial, explaining the code on this site unless it was written by the coder himself.

Just try it and then when you run into trouble that way, you could ask a more specific question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

If you want some cool dropdown menu's ala microsoft.com search for 'DHTML menu builder' on CNET.com. Unlike the microsoft.com, these actually work in netscape too, and are really easy to create. Also you might want to crack the program or buy it, as it's rather limited in trial mode.

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There are quite a few good Java-Script sites - www.javascript.com will link you to quite a few good sites. So have at it and see that happens! It's a nifty skill to have and isn't very difficult (just somewhat infuriating at times).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 King Mullet

Thanks Guys,

I'll try my best! The DHTML suggestion from smoke-me-a-kipper sounds interesting.

Thanks again,
    K.M.

Advertisement