Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed!

Options
  • 16-03-2005 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi, im listing my specs below, and i wondered if anyone could help. Im looking to upgrade my pc, and need to know what i do next to get the best results.

IQON PC
    Windows XP Pro ( With SP2 )
    Celeron 2.68 Ghz
    120 Gig Hdd *upgraded from 80Gig*
    Radeon 9600 Pro atlantis 256mb * Upgraded from a geforce 64mb *
    Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 *Upgrade*
    Typhoon 5.1 Surround sound speakers
    512mb PC2700 ram * Upgraded from 256 *

Is there anything else i can upgrade or do to increase performance?

Thanks

Sub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

The easiest upgrades would be another 512mb of RAM (80 euro) or a mainstream AGP graphics card like 9800pro or 6600GT (200 euro), but that processor will hold you back, another option would be a A64 2800+ and socket 754/939 mobo (for around 200 euro total)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

The main thing to consider is what are you going to use your pc for ????is it going to be gaming ...or will you do some video encoding or wil it just be web browsing ....these are the most important things to consider as its pointless getting yourself into debt due having a topend system that will only be used once in a blue moon ...for the likes of web browsing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Ouch... ditch the celeron would be my best advice, which will prob need a new mobo aswell

Advertisement