Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbikes and bus lanes

Options
  • 16-03-2005 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Should motorbikes be allowed to use bus lanes?
    What do you guys think?
    I think yes.
    1. They'll never interfere with the buses.
    2. Get them of the road, stop them weaving in traffic.
    3. Safer for a biker.

I do have a bike so am biased but it makes sense imo.

Should Motorbikes be allowed use Bus Lanes? 27 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

A motorbike is less of a hindrance in a bus/cycle lane than a bicycle, which I used for a few years in Dublin. But some bus drivers and most taxi drivers seem to think they have exclusive use of the lane and try to drive you out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Voted yes, agree with all 3 points above

52 bikers died last year compared to 110 drivers of cars. This shows the great vulnarability of bikers in this country. Plenty are involved in accidents that are not their fault. It has to be said though that there are a lot of bad apples amongst them. One hit my car last night on the quays. He knew damn well he couldn't pass through between a bus and my car, but he still did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Voted yes aswell, if they could use the bus lanes it would be alot safer for everyone, alot of people begrudge bikers because they skip traffic but you have to accept that a bike is gonna be quicker, what i really hate about bikers though is overtaking against oncoming traffic and a solid white line, its really dangerous and something which i see alot of lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

I voted yes too, keep 'em out of the traffic where they weave in and out and out of the cycle lanes.

Advertisement