Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lik sang

Options
  • 16-03-2005 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Thinking of ordering a PSP through these guys, they seem to have a decent set
    up, one thing tho' has anyone ordered something like OR an actual PSP from them, and if so did you have to pay any duties or taxes extra upon arrival, and if so...how much??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

unfortunitly you do get import tax if you order with DHL but will receive the item in 3 days.

When i ordered my DS it cause 26euro to ship with regular post and 27euro for DHL. Just be careful with paying DHL the import tax as after i left for australia they sent my house a letter from their debt collector demanding the import tax even though i paid on the day with my credit card. Started saying I was gonna get bad credit if i didn't pay them in 72hrs.

sorted now but kinda pissed me off that a simple credit card transaction wasn't monitored and recorded properly before getting a debt collector onto me.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

thanks for that man, as far as I know, its ups they're delivering with now at least thats what it says on their site, and they deliver from their european warehouse, wonder if that makes any diff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

UPS or DHL you'll still probably get import tax as they declare their packages as they arrive in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I ordered in my PSP from Playasia and paid 76eur tax. The only way you wont have to pay import tax is if it is marked as a gift and/or is under 40 euro in value. However, marking it as incorrect value wont help you if your package arrives damaged or is lost, however it is rare. Also, you would need to find a supplier willing to mark it down and/or mark it as a gift.

The PSP is worth it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Lik Sang have a Europe depo (just ordered a Gameboy Movie Player from them and they said it would be shipped from there) so they should import themselves a load of PSP cheap and then sell them from in side the EU. They would make a killing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mate of mine brought in a DS and got nailed for 50 euro import tax, ouch.
    Then the bloody thing stopped working a week later, no comeback at all!
    Bugger!

Lik Sang seem to ship smaller items to their european depot, it would be cool alright to have a more local source for PSP products, certainly allow purchases to be covered by european law when it comes to warranties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Lik Sang seem to ship smaller items to their european depot, it would be cool alright to have a more local source for PSP products, certainly allow purchases to be covered by european law when it comes to warranties.

Doubt it, the thing was still made for the japan market, not european!

my DS box has "For sale in UK / Ireland"...which would suggest the warranty would be honoured in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lik sang im very disappointed in i was getting a psp case i was told it was instock
    paid them buy paypal next thing i know they emailed me saying its out of stock ill have to wait 2 weeks its a ****ing disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

hmmm..so that'll bring the price to over 300 E on lik sang...food for thought , thanks folks

Advertisement