Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effective load balancing with 2 web servers?

Options
  • 02-03-2001 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm looking for an effective means of carrying a session on a set of load balanced web servers which have (more or less) identical content. I'm using a hardware based load balancer in a round-robin configuration to split out the load.
    The problem occurs when you click on any link on the site; you are routed back thru to the virtual IP and then onto the other server in the load balanced set.

I imagine that there is a way of doing this based on session IDs generated by IIS or some sort ASP manipulation.

I'm working in an infrastrucure capacity but I need to come up with a solution which would in turn be manipulated by a developer.

Any info appreciated

Fing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if its a win2k cluster, then application center can do this for you using client affinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Cheers Butch, but Win2K load balancing (WLBS) cannot seem to handle more than one load balanced virtual IP per cluster set. (I need to have the facility to LB more than one set of IPs per cluster).

Fing

Advertisement