Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fanzines

• 16-03-2005 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey can anyone tell me if they no how many irish fanzines are on the go. Havent seen one in years the last decent one i remember is shakaar. That was almost 10 years ago now. I think it was somegirl from goatstown running it. Is Shakaar still on the go? Whatt Fanzines are out there and more importantly are they anygood ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Unfortunatly I don't think there are any Irish fanzines out there anymore. As with my petition for a new trek convention I realised that Ireland is simply too small a country to turn a reasonable profit with these kinds of things and the people usually end up oweing money rather than profiting from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I used to write for Starbase Ireland , and shakaar ... but i haven't seen any in ages anywhere ....

btw if someone has some old copies of the Starbase Ireland one, see if you have the Cardies = x , feds = y , Klingons = z .... I wrote it but i lost my copy of it and i've been looking for it for years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bluto

Id love to see some old copies of starbase and shalaar. Think i might have some lying around somewhere. They kinda emeged and disapperad around 95 / 96. Love to see some posted online.

Advertisement