Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit Torrent Downloads on UTV

Options
  • 16-03-2005 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have UTV 512 BB.

When I am using BT I get uploads of 10-12k/s and downloads of 6-20k/s.. I think I migh have had a download speed of 30k/s once, or maybe I was hallucinating..

I have opened the ports 6881 and 6882 for TCP connections. I usually have only one download happening at once.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to up the download speed?

Pablo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

pablo321 wrote:
    I have UTV 512 BB.

When I am using BT I get uploads of 10-12k/s and downloads of 6-20k/s.. I think I migh have had a download speed of 30k/s once, or maybe I was hallucinating..

I have opened the ports 6881 and 6882 for TCP connections. I usually have only one download happening at once.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to up the download speed?

Pablo.

what programme you using ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

Azureus... I like the interface..

did you turn off the UnP ? in options?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Do you get a green lights and how many speeds/peers are there in the file your downloadin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

use the config wizard to make sure your port doesnt have a nat error.

set your upload to 80% of the maximum [ 10kB on a 128kb up line]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Do port forwarding and free up the ports on the BT client,Modem and your Firewall.

Also you dont have to use within the range 6881-6999...you could just as easily set them to 12000-13000 if you wish....as UTV could be trying to stop traffice on the usual BT ports.

When I did the above my speeds shot up to 53KBytes/s!!!

Just be wared the more port open the more sh1t that trys to get into your PC !!

was torrenting yesterday and like a flash the firewall was beating back some dodgy atttacks !! and I only just changed the port for Azureas !!!

MAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Chalk has the correct answer
    if you totaly saturate your upload speed (12k) it will have an affect on download speeds
    i recomend limiting uploads to 8k max

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Zoink, over to Nets/Comms we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Drapper wrote:
    Just be wared the more port open the more sh1t that trys to get into your PC !!

was torrenting yesterday and like a flash the firewall was beating back some dodgy atttacks !! and I only just changed the port for Azureas !!!

MAD
    lmao.

sure they werent trying to send you the file?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

tuxy wrote:
    Chalk has the correct answer
    if you totaly saturate your upload speed (12k) it will have an affect on download speeds
    i recomend limiting uploads to 8k max
    Agreed. Makes a significant difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

I'm going to try the suggestions above, I'll let you know..

Thanks for all the Advise

Pablo

Advertisement