Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be possible...

Options
  • 13-03-2001 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

(look here first please)

to have the main green area as a frame in its own right, so as when one of the links on the left are clicked the green part, and ONLY the green part, change? Practical? Possible?

Thanks for any help =]

btw, yes it was made in Fireworks, cos its "tha bomb!" ;]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

yeah, you just have to screw around with your frame/frameset tags. It's very easy to do, as long as you know HTML (Fireworks will only get you so far!).

The ODDSaur project has a (very ugly) page which works in the way you want. Take a copy of their index page and change it to the pages/sizes you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

www.quake.ie
    Look there. Same idea, except the code is very simple to understand if ure new to html there.

The main difference is that what you want looks more like a floating frame, dunno I didnt look much.

Much the same anyway, but an <iframe> tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Although I should point out that Im not really one to give advice.
    More often than not I spend ages trying to figure out what Im doing wrong to realise Ive got my <html> <head> and <body> tags in the wrong order smile.gif

Such is the danger of a careless person using notepad smile.gif Its better coding in the end tho tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

hehe, k thx for the help guys.

(btw, i do know html, just not enough to make things look the way i want 'em to, hence the use of fireworks, dreamweaver etc =] )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paladin:
    More often than not I spend ages trying to figure out what Im doing wrong to realise Ive got my <html> <head> and <body> tags in the wrong order smile.gif</font>

so annoying!

-smoke
    www.leet-skillz.com
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator!!</font>

• Advertisement
Advertisement