Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site ...

Options
  • 06-03-2001 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Just polished it a bit.

Before I actually make the site I have to decide finally on a name.

The index will be an onMouseover job with a quick description on right yoke.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~yoyoyo/jerk2/

anyway whaya tink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Dunno why, but it reminds me of www.online.ie

nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nice design. Simple, easy to follow layout.

The similarity to online.ie, I'd say, is the colour scheme (online.ie USED TO have colours like that... didn't they..?) the fixed width (which I'd generally avoid, opting for proportional widths instead - but hey!- it works okay) which is set the same and um... the small images as article descriptors (?)... btw, I get a horizontal scrollbar in 800x600 - not much of one, but still there.

Only suggestion I'd make based on the quick look I had would be to tuck the main menu away to the left or right and not give it as much screen real-estate vertically. Let the general content of your page start as close to the top of the browser document window as poss.

Good work, fellah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh the reader poll is great! LOL biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

thanks for the comments bard

i dunno what to say about that 800x600 horz. scrollbar smile.gif my 800x600 must be out of whack or something cos I tried it in IE, Netscape, and Mozilla on this PC and it wasn't there - what browser ver. you using ?

On the other pages (when they are made) the index thing will be tucked away to the right or the left leaving the room for the content
    ... colour scheme wise I never even visited online.ie before !

but anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">thanks for the comments bard
    </font>

any time!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    i dunno what to say about that 800x600 horz. scrollbar smile.gif my 800x600 must be out of whack or something cos I tried it in IE, Netscape, and Mozilla on this PC and it wasn't there - what browser ver. you using ?
    </font>
    I'm using IE5.5 on WinNT WS4. The scrollbar just about appears - just enough to merit lopping, say, 10 pixels off your width.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    On the other pages (when they are made) the index thing will be tucked away to the right or the left leaving the room for the content
    ... colour scheme wise I never even visited online.ie before !

but anyway smile.gif
    </font>

Good - about the menu... and online.ie would never be an influence for any site I write as a matter of principle ... sort of... wink.gif

That's a very good start you have there - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Bored of Colour is pretty cool too =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nard

sure isn't he FANTASTIC altogether ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Real nice work there ste.
    The only thing that I don't like (and it's nothing really) is those little headers for the sections, like Recent Updates and Latest News. Dunno why I don't like them I just find them kinda hard to read. Otherwise it's a gourgeous looking site.

Good Job.

Enygma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

nice site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice site - very fizzy smile.gif
    i like the little go home arrow (i dunno why... i just think its good)
    and fixed width is good imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement