Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question regarding fuel consumption.

Options
  • 16-03-2005 12:07pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok heres the story--A mate just bought a 2.0l petrol Santa fe and these are a bit of a pig on juice so my question is this.
    What is the single easiest way of reducing fuel consumption?
    In my opinion an uprated spark plug would give better consumption as in cleaner spark.He reckons a KN air filter would be a better bet which I think would make things worse.
    Any ideas??
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Petrol 4x4s are very heavy on juice due to the weight they have to carry. That is why most are diesel.

To answer your question I have no idea. My guess is that any tweaks you listed would have very little impact on overall fuel economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

according to this they may help

KN

but i didnt read it all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

A mate just bought a 2.0l petrol Santa fe and these are a bit of a pig on juice so my question is this.
    What is the single easiest way of reducing fuel consumption?
    Drive slowly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Get standard road tyres on it and make sure they are at the correct pressure. The fashion for "sand tyres" running on lower pressure eats petrol (and diesel) like you wouldn't believe..

Advertisement