Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackburn (may contain scores)

• 16-03-2005 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

This is a must win for inconsistant Liverpool or they can forget about catching Everton.
    Morientes is back and will start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

An absolute must win game, nothing short of three points is acceptable. A repeat of the result from the same fixture last year would be nice :)

I'm looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

is this on sky?

edit/ Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers
    (Includes highlights of Charlton v Spurs)
    Sky Sports 1, 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They've had a week off while Blackburn are feeling all happy after the FA Quarter finals so might be a little complacent. If its "Tora Tora Tora!" from Pool then I expect a win.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Same lineup as the Leverkusen game with Nando in for Hamman should see us win as long as they all show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I'm expecting a win but dunno could be another blip in a season of ups and downs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I just hope Liverpool lose and then Everton beat them on sunday and they don't qualify for the third qualifing round of champions league :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

B'Burn have been getting better but Liverpool really need to win this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I like sky sports risk table preview lumping ireland and the uk together as the united kingdom you swear to god sky thinks its the 1900's i better go check my sky subscription might of swore an oath to the queen when i signed up.

1-1 draw btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Liverpool are very poor for a team home chasing CL spot.

kdjac

Brutal first half - 1 shot on goal from Liverpool and none from Blackburn :mad:

It really reminds me of the Portsmouth game in December, I just hope it doesn't end like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Blip Blip ... another crappy result

Shred wrote:
    An absolute must win game, nothing short of three points is acceptable.

Well done Liverpool, you fúcked up again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Too depressed to post.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

bugger......

Ah well, our own worst enemy!! Every second game seems to be a disaster, at least that means the derby match should be good.. ahem :(

Everton could play for a draw and with 6 games left and pool still in CL would only need 10 points form remaining 18 to get the Cl spot.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pfft, don't forget about Bolton, a team looking like they might actually catch everton.
    How Liverpool do this so much is just beyond me

PHB wrote:
    Pfft, don't forget about Bolton, a team looking like they might actually catch everton.
    How Liverpool do this so much is just beyond me

Are you saying that they have a good enough team but just cannot figure out why they keep playing crap every second game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

^ looks quite like that
    surely they're better than everton anyway, i think most people would say so

didn't enjoy the match, but thats a poor reflection on the venue in which i watched it
    if i wasn't being an optimist i'd have predicted a draw before the game, albeit 1-1
    liverpool kept a clean sheet!!
    (if only because blackburn had as much interest in scoring as they do in playing in the 'championship' next season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeah, I just dont bloody understand it.
    Whats wrong with them like?
    They need rafa to instill a winning mentality in them over the summer, and they should do well next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

KdjaC wrote:
    Everton could play for a draw and with 6 games left and pool still in CL would only need 10 points form remaining 18 to get the Cl spot.

kdjac

not quite sure i understand what you're calculating there,
    but anyway a draw would keep everton 7 clear with 8 games left, not 6 games.

whatever the result on sunday the toffees still have man u(home) and arsenal (away) in april so still a lot to be done to nick 4th ahead of pool.

if it is a draw charlton and bolton both have nice home fixtures and a win would see them both go ahead of liverpool and 6 points behind everton :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

PHB wrote:
    Yeah, I just dont bloody understand it.
    Whats wrong with them like?
    They need rafa to instill a winning mentality in them over the summer, and they should do well next year.

I think you're right but every year for the last 15 years A liverpool fan's favourite saying has been.....nexy year......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It just seems to be an attitude thing. there just seems to be tooo many players being carried. Carragher has a great attitude, always consistently strong games. Baros really needs sorting and itll probably mean a move, which I have no problem with. He is haveing trouble hitting the stand, never mind5 the goal. Hitting 40 yard bals at Morientes chest isnt going to get goals. Decent crosses and balls into the front players feet where they can actually do something with the ball. Warnock seems to be relishing the few games, hes having solid preformances and two carraghers at the back can only be a good thing. Its begining to look like the champions league may be the only route into any european competion never mind the champions league itslef.

I know its unrealistic to be thinking bout winning it, but it only involves 5 more performances like the ones V Leverkusen, which extremely unlikely ist impossible.

I just cant understand how professionals can perform so well in one game then have performances like they are ha2ving in the league. It seems to be a lot like heavey weight boxing, boxers just turnong up to collect a paycheck. If it was a winner take all in the boxing ting, then you'd see a ral fight.

The players just dont seem bothered, they know theyll get a move and be paid ridiculous wages elsewhere. Players like Carragher obvioulsy are playing for the club as much as for their wages, he turns up for EVERY game and not just the big european games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

From what i've heard Baros came back a different player from euro 2004 and no i dont mean on the pitch. since then he has had an attitude, something which benitez will not put up with. The same could be said for Gerrard but at least he was producing on the pitch for the majority of the season. Thats why i am 99% sure that both Baros and Gerrard will be gone in the summer. Both have shown signs of discontentment with Liverpool, Look at when Owen did this, Benitez wasn't wuick to let him go.

On a positive note Steven Warnock had a super game last night, looks like carragher part two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

ianomccabe wrote:
    From what i've heard Baros came back a different player from euro 2004 and no i dont mean on the pitch. since then he has had an attitude, something which benitez will not put up with. The same could be said for Gerrard but at least he was producing on the pitch for the majority of the season. Thats why i am 99% sure that both Baros and Gerrard will be gone in the summer.
    Just look at the language Benitez uses when talking about Gerrard - he never really confirms or denies things. He uses diplomatic sentences like "he's thinking about the next match" (of course he is), "we had a conversation today and we talked only about x match" (fine but I'm sure you had other conversations too), "he is a Liverpool player for the next x years" (yes - that's what makes it possible to sell him)....

eyerer wrote:
    surely they're better than everton anyway, i think most people would say so

League tables never ever lie both played 29 Everton more points therefore better.

As for the rest of the games i said 6 as the man u and arse games are more than liley no point games for everton, with Pool still having 2 games in CL the following games after them are usually lost. So i think everton only need 10 more points after sunday to get that spot. 62 points should do it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

KdjaC wrote:
    League tables never ever lie both played 29 Everton more points therefore better.

League tables always lie — until the final match of the season is played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

League tables are basicly an expression of statistics (lies, damned lies and statistics).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Everton are 7 points ahead of liverpool and have beaten them at home this season so I think it would be fair to say that up to today Everton have been the better team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

fade2black wrote:
    I think you're right but every year for the last 15 years A liverpool fan's favourite saying has been.....nexy year......

only one season did i ever think that, the year pool came second i really thought the next year they could win it
    they went on that unbeaten run and were a few points clear at the top....then went on the worst league run in 50 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ianomccabe wrote:
    From what i've heard Baros came back a different player from euro 2004 and no i dont mean on the pitch. since then he has had an attitude, something which benitez will not put up with. The same could be said for Gerrard but at least he was producing on the pitch for the majority of the season. Thats why i am 99% sure that both Baros and Gerrard will be gone in the summer. Both have shown signs of discontentment with Liverpool, Look at when Owen did this, Benitez wasn't wuick to let him go.

On a positive note Steven Warnock had a super game last night, looks like carragher part two!
    Baros is a waste of space. He runs up dead alley ways as much as he doesn't. As for SG, he is 110% gone in the summer. Read between the lines at what Rafa says "SG is our player and is doing his best to get us the 4th place" ...means SG is gone in the summer and would like to go out on a positive note. 50m for the 2 of them I would take nicely.
    Stephen Reid was 10 times a better player last night than Gerrard.
    Even as the club captain, he can't even rally the players. Give the arm band to the one man who deserves it ... Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

irish1 wrote:
    Everton are 7 points ahead of liverpool and have beaten them at home this season so I think it would be fair to say that up to today Everton have been the better team.

everton have fluked their way to 4th in the league. they are not the 4th best side in the league and i GUARANTEE you they wont be there next year. after playing above themselves at the start, they pulled off some incredible results and got momentum going.

their full of confidence after that start and as a result still have the mental power to grind out a few unexpected results. liverpool are a better side than everton. because of liverpool's lack of confidence, belief, togetherness, they are an average side this year. their still better than everton and in the next few years they'll show that, or more everton will show how average they are.

sure didnt ipswich get into europe then get relegated the following year? everyone heaped praise on them, expectations grew and the following year they couldnt cope and self-destructed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

In my experience the best team doesn't always win, so you may be correct that liverpool have a better team, but they have not been playing better than Everton and football is all about results you can have the best 11 players in the world but if you can't get the points on the board you ain't going to get anywhere.

Advertisement