Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Webtext Delay - Intentional?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Then more fool you. Read the terms and conditions of anything you reckon you are buying, especially if it's free.

Ahhhhh the old Terms & Conditions, If only Michael Jackson had some for the neverland ranch, he wouldn't be in court today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

cormie wrote:
    It would be different if on the page it said "unavailable at present" instead, (but of course it would still have to let you get into your phonebook.) as they are not misleading you and making you think the arrangements you have made have been acknowledged by the receiving end.
    It's a fair point but ultimately not covered in any TOS on any of the operator Web sites, all of whom essentially will say; "this is free, if it works cool; if not, weh."

(The TOS is the Terms of Service that most people agree to but don’t actually read).

If people want to complain constructively about something then they should complain about this TOS or how it may contravene consumer law, not "our company uses their free SMS for a critical business process and now it's not working" nonsense (of which I'm horrified to say there are a few) or a few unsubstantiated tin foil hat theories.

Better still pay for such a service where you do have a SLA.

Boggles wrote:
    Ahhhhh the old Terms & Conditions, If only Michael Jackson had some for the neverland ranch, he wouldn't be in court today.
    And if only you'd read them you wouldn't be whining.

And if only you'd read them you wouldn't be whining.

I did read them, but nowhere did it say carrier pigeon would be faster and more reliable. Forgive me.

Boggles wrote:
    I did read them, but nowhere did it say carrier pigeon would be faster and more reliable. Forgive me.
    I suggest you improve your reading skills:

"O2 Ireland will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that O2.IE is fully operational at all times. However, due to the nature of interactive services and the Internet generally, O2 Ireland cannot guarantee that O2.IE will be free from delays, interruptions or errors."

http://web.o2.ie/site/legal/o2_site_terms.jsp

• Advertisement

I suggest you improve your reading skills:

"O2 Ireland will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that O2.IE is fully operational at all times. However, due to the nature of interactive services and the Internet generally, O2 Ireland cannot guarantee that O2.IE will be free from delays, interruptions or errors."

http://web.o2.ie/site/legal/o2_site_terms.jsp

Yeah, thats fine, there is no one here being Unreasonable. Even if the service worked 50% of the time. This has been going on since last Christmas and has got completely unusable in the past month. I know you said you've seen problems like this take six months to fix. Not good enough, in my opinion it's undefendable. Shoddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Damn! That TextBuddy Programme isn't freeware:( apparantly you have to pay €4 a month for it :mad:

cormie wrote:
    Damn! That TextBuddy Programme isn't freeware:( apparantly you have to pay €4 a month for it :mad:

Huh, how do they bill you?

And on that note of thriftiness, I suspect it is time to euthanize this sorry thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement