Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player

Options
  • 16-03-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Am looking for good deals on DVD players in Dublin at the moment.

It's just to put into a rental property so no bells and whistles, just looking for the basics but don't want a dud.

Saw a Futura for €54 in D.I.D. yesterday but they were all out of stock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭fcukme

I just checked out richersounds.ie, they where in dublin now in belfast and they have Mitsubishi BD48 Multiregion DVD player for €49.99 and i think the offical line is €6 delivery but they never charge me when i ring them with an order mayb they will with the cheaper items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Dunnes Stores are currently selling one that plays DIVX for 50 quid or there abouts.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Found a DVD region 2 DVD player in Argos for €39.99 (Make: Alba)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ZENER wrote:
    Dunnes Stores are currently selling one that plays DIVX for 50 quid or there abouts.

ZEN

I know nowt about codecs etc - will this standalone DIVX player play .avi files that have been burnt onto CD or DVD?

Stay away from the Alba one I mention above... sound keeps going on it, no matter what DVD is playing. Bringing it back this week. Will stick to the better known brands methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

I bought a Philips DVP 520 (€69) in Xtra vision with €50 worth of €2 off vouchers. It was easy to change it to multi region...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is that the Alba in a white and blue box? We've one of those downstairs and it works grand. Though it's only 4 months old yet! :)

Not sure, I've asked my wife to bring it back from our holiday home, with box so I can return it, I'll let you know then.

It's actually a white and maroon box

Advertisement