Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Sandwich in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Must say I'm a sucker for the Meatball one from Subway, only 1/2 size though and it costs less than the muck ones in the local Spar.

Any other hidden gems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Subway? :eek:

Go to Sandwich Symphony on Dawson Street, ask for whatever the special is and get them to bung it in the sandwich toaster. Normally end up with something delicious like toasted ciabatta with blue cheese, pastrami and olives or similar.

I wouldn't give subway sandwiches to my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I dunno, I always find O'Briens to be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

Front Page just past Molly Malone statue.

Brown Bread, Ham, Cheese, Coleslaw and Pineapple. All for €2.90. mmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

magpie wrote:
    Subway? :eek:

Go to Sandwich Symphony on Dawson Street, ask for whatever the special is and get them to bung it in the sandwich toaster. Normally end up with something delicious like toasted ciabatta with blue cheese, pastrami and olives or similar.

Ciabatta, blue cheese, pastrami and olives.

Now thats something I would not give me dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

me mammy makes the best down in drimnagh when i visit.
    brown bread blt. and a touch of tobasco sause,mmmmm
    and an auld cup on tae........

• Advertisement

I hear Bus Stop do a good line in pre-packaged White Bread, Cheese and Ham sandwiches. It's called the 'Culchie Deluxe'. You get a pint of milk free with each one.

the ones in spar that are pre made are revolting and over priced, or is it just my taste.

subway is about the best .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the foot-long meatball is delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Tripledecker - O Briens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

magpie wrote:

when did u last have one? they've gotten a lot better in the last 18 months or so.

i love the sambos in simons place in georges st arcade.

• Advertisement

when did u last have one? they've gotten a lot better in the last 18 months or so.

Whenever they first opened. Many years ago and it was literally like eating vomit.
    i love the sambos in simons place in georges st arcade.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Anything from Subway tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I hadn't tried a subway sambo in a long time and then had one a few months ago. Bread is always very fresh and like the way different people handle the bread,meats and salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

OBriens are always quality, love that think bread

Spar pre packaged are horrible but the ones they make for you instore are very good, nice bread, big fillings, cheap enough €2-3 and all the ingredients are always fresh.

Subway are ok can be awful though if you go to the wrong place (the one along the quays for example) but overall decent enough

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Itsa Bagel - best sandwich place in town/ireland/EU

The chargrilled beef bagel they were doing in Dun Laoghaire last year during the Culture Week thing was possibly the nicest thing I've ever put in my mouth on purpose.

If one of their club bagels ran for president, I would vote for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If one of their club bagels ran for president, I would vote for it.
    <-- Brillant :D

i used subway a lot when i was working in the city . talbot st branch.but.
    stopped using it. simply because they people there were always training in. and then they left..........so lol. there was only a manager always there who know what to do. the rest had to almost ask the customer the questions .step by step. dont know how many times they got peoples sambos wrong.
    subway in ny last year .man it was good...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

sailorboy wrote:
    subway in ny last year .man it was good...........

why is it any differant from the subways here?

personally my fav is subway. specifically meatball, or BMT. loads of salads on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Maximilian wrote:
    The chargrilled beef bagel they were doing in Dun Laoghaire last year during the Culture Week thing was possibly the nicest thing I've ever put in my mouth on purpose.

i'll second that. delish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I usually get a bacon and chicken tripledecker in o briens, failing that an old style crambo.

I can't eat subway myself, whenever I walk by it it smells lovely, but it's expensive and not very filling IMO. it usually tastes ok though.

I must try that sandwhich symphony place, or Simons in Georges Arcade...

flogen

• Advertisement

service and more on the menu

Does nobody know bolands in the Royal Hibernian Way? The cheapest best soft rolls in the world!!!! Used to go there when I was working in HMV and Bewleys on Grafton St. Working in Sandyford now so..*sob*
    ...I miss them :(

Does nobody know bolands in the Royal Hibernian Way

Another good choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Marks & Spencers FEAST pack for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

O'Briens on Grafton St. have lovely rolls, unfortunately the one on westmoreland st only has crispy baguettes. My fav is Dunnes though, big choice of fillings all fresh and really tasty! And cheap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Quiznos sandwich place on the first floor of the Stephens Green Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Itsa Bagel and Bagel Factory are great - for pre-packaged stuff the sambos in Insomnia and Cafe Sol are pretty good. Insomnia have the Bendini & Shaw sandwiches, the chicken tikka baguette hits the spot when you're starving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

The Italian BMT from Subway
    mmmmmmmmm delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Mile high club in the pig and heffer(sp?) across from the bleeding horse !

Its a meal ... best sandwich ever !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Mile high club in the pig and heffer(sp?) across from the bleeding horse !

Its a meal ... best sandwich ever !!!!!!!

You just got there before me.... :p

That place rocks.... im drooling now thinking of the sambos in that place. I used to live on Harrington st and that was my local eatery most of the time...

Subway isnt bad. Its a bit overpriced. Theres a new one opened on parliament st just around the corner from me, so ive tried it a few times and it seems to be pretty decent.

Best though I have to say in the city centre is Bolands without a doubt.. yum yum yum

Advertisement