Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Sandwich in Dublin City Centre

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Paid a second visit to the Pig and Heiffer yesterday. Mega good. Definately the best sandwich in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

There's also supposed to be a really good Chinese place on Moore St. (menus are only in Chinese!) reviewed by Ross Golden Bannon in the SBP a few months ago. I'm not sure what the lunch options are there!

This is becoming more and more common in dublin and I take it as a good sign for a chinese. If in Rathmines try Ho Ho's does a great Szechuan chicken and has chinese specials, in chinese.
    Paid a second visit to the Pig and Heiffer yesterday. Mega good. Definately the best sandwich in Dublin.

God I miss it. If you're trying for a the hot beef, don't, I repeat, don't go for the gorgonloza with it, too potent and smoothers the other flavours, try it with swiss cheese (melted)

And you're right about camden st, that whole long stretch from rathmines road onto georges st is quality dublin, old and new, some great delis, old street trades, bookshops, and pubs like Anseo and Whelans.

mycroft wrote:
    God I miss it. If you're trying for a the hot beef, don't, I repeat, don't go for the gorgonloza with it
    Yes, I made that mistake, damn hard to wash out of a shirt too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

seamus wrote:
    I dunno, I always find O'Briens to be the best.
    Same here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

axtradub12 wrote:
    Same here. :p

Try one of the outlets mentioned on this thread and I guarantee you won't feel the same. O'Briens is the McDonalds of the sandwich world. Cheap, crap gut-filler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 evilbanker

was in the states last year, boston, love quiznos but is pure copy of subway. not sure of the market share but quiznos had way way more growth than the subway. lived in Q, tried nearly everything on the menu, even their low fat stuff that only young ones eat. loved the chicken carbonara best toasted sandwich invented, the angus steak was just as good. came back to ireland and saw Q had arrived, tought yes there is a god. went in order my usual, they never even heard of the thing. got sum yuk thing that resembled angus on the picture menu. thing was horrible. was in london before easter and had the same experience over there thinking that itd be the same as the us. nope. it was the bread the sauces the packaging it was all wrong wrong wrong. boycotting Q after giving them nearly every dollar i earned. why cant they do it like in the us? best place for a roll is gleesons londis on henry street limerick. i swear they have a garden in the basement and a pig farm out the back, freshest ingredients and absolutely beautiful food. got loads of awards and stuff. they alsoo only hire the best looking polish and latvians that come into the country, they r like roll models or somtin.

Talk about resurrecting an old thread!

I'm going off the auld P&H, around 2.15pm they tend to shut up shop and really can't be arsed. I also find the meat they use to be incredibly salty.

I find Quinzos in Ireland pretty good - it must be like a religious experience going to one of their outlets in the States.

I still like O'Briens. I think their coffee is the best of all the sambo places.

But I'm increasingly getting tired of the same old options for lunch - there's only so many ways you can present a sandwich.

That's why I like Zaytoon so much. There's also a couple of good restaurants around the city centre that do really good lunchtime specials. Anyone got any recommendations in that line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

not a true sandwich i dont think but a peanut butter bagel from the bagelfactory as a light snack is brilliant!!
    tasty, and good quality at only 1.60 but man it fills the gap before lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liz Perrem

Your right lovely, except that the price varies by 20% for precisely the same sandwhich depending on who makes it. Seems very unprofessional, no other company would get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

YAHOOOOOOOO!

WHAT A BUMP THAT WAS!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ryandublin

kirn wrote: »
    HOLY ****ING ****!

OH MY GOD!

HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET DIVINE CHRIST ALMIGHTY OUR SAVIOUR!

THERE'S A QUIZNOS IN DUBLIN???????????????????????????

AALKJGHDLIUDLIAUHFH;GH;GLGJDLGKLK'GHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

YESSS!!!

*this might be the happiest moment of my life.

Hahaha. I agree with you on this. Haven't tried Quiznos in Dublin yet but in the USA they were really good. It is a rather sad sign that Subway gets so many good votes here. Is that really the best sandwich Dublin has?

Sandwiches are so easy to make I do not understand why most of Europe can not get it right. Is there really no independent American style Sub shop? I make killer Philly cheese steaks, reubens, french dips, meatball subs etc. Sorry didn't mean to toot my own horn there. :)

If no place exists that do these well I will really consider starting a sandwich shop that offers delivery and take away. I wouldn't bother with any seats inside to keep costs down.

I think such a business could do very well given how many people on these boards actually think subway is good. Somebody please steal my idea and do this so I don't have to.

I just realised how old this thread is so maybe there are some new options around Dublin these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Junior's in Ringsend, it's opposite the Spar and they do takeaway sandwiches Monday to Friday for lunch which are delicious. Get the Chargrilled chicken, you'll never look back!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Went there the other day, was delicious! My mate got the biggest sandwich I have ever seen! Will definitely be back again.

I like Honest To Goodness too, but it's a bit on the pricey side.

Advertisement