Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer 6 Public Preview Beta

Options
  • 23-03-2001 11:27pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

{edit}
    seems like its not officially released yet... till monday i think.. the download location has been changed / pulled
    {/edit}

http://www.activewin.com/

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Public Beta is available for download! This public beta carries the build number 2462 and lets you have a sneak preview at all the new features Internet Explorer 6 should deliver to websurfers!

Don't even think about it...™

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 24-03-2001).]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I guess you can run the setup (494kb) and then do a custom install, telling it to only download the files (maybe ~20mb) for installation later... or something™

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The IE6SETUP program should download all the necessary files into a "Windows Update Setup Files" folder somewhere on your machine (usually in the root of your C: drive or in your windows/winnt directory) ... just let it do the downloading and before you let it proceed with the install, copy all the cab, and other files in that folder and zip them up to take home...

S'what I'm doin' right now.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 27-03-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i can't install here in college. i'm not an admin. i want the whole thing, so i can put it onto zip disk and bring it home.

-ciaran

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I have to say, I was looking at the site for it last night and there is one feature I can't wait for.

If you design your site for a 1024 x 768 Resolution, and someone looks at your site with IE6 with a 800 x 600 Res Screen, it will AUTOMATICALLY resixe your images height and width to fit the new screen res.. This has HUGE implications for me designing my sites. Anyone know if Netscape plan on doing the same thing at some stage so I can stop worrying about screen res and start to get on with site design smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

As far as I can see, Gambler, that's just the images it will resize- not the page itself, and only when you're viewing an image through IE (not an actual web page). Still... handy alright.

A zoom feature something along the lines of what Opera has would be groovy too.

anyone want to put the files in a zip and upload them for me??

would save me loads of hours d/loading them @ home.

-ciaran

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It'll be on magazine covers next month (probably), so don't stress Kipper!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

gah! i need it now!! now i tells ya! smile.gif

-ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    gah! i need it now!! now i tells ya! smile.gif

</font>

Just go alone with the install and then quit it when it's 96% done .. then check the temp internet files and copy out the cabs !!! that's what i did !!! biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Advertisement

ok, i got it.

not to differant from v.5, but i like the contacts bar @ the side. means i dont have to have 2 windows for IM and web browsing. and with MS promising inter-operability with Yahoo IM soon.... woooo!

-ciaran

is there anyway i can download the whole thing in one go?? instead of the setup thingy. i want to dload it here in college and bring it home.

-ciaran

Advertisement