Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating an Application

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I trying to control NetMeeting from a VB 6 project and have run into some difficulties. Could someone take a look at my code and tell me where I am going wrong.

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tempest

Dave David wrote:
    I trying to control NetMeeting from a VB 6 project and have run into some difficulties. Could someone take a look at my code and tell me where I am going wrong.

Dave

Well maybe if you post some code :rolleyes:

Seriously though, If you post it up I'm sure someone might be able to see something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tempest

To be honest, I wouldn't even begin to go about it the way you have started. It's possible to do it like that but it's going to get very messy.

The main problem is that you have to know exactly what windows will pop up. What to do when they do.

Why not have a look at the COM API for controlling NetMeeting .

You will need to write something like

Dim nMeeting
    Set nMeeting = New Netmeeting.App

nMeeting.doSomethingIWantToDo(params, for, what, I, want, to, do)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Maybe I'm missing something but have you declared your constants e.g. GWL_STYLE. If not that would explain things aren't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Dan Appleman has a book you might like. I know I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

that is a nice and handy book
    saved my life once

• Advertisement
Advertisement