Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcycle Trailers

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Here's a good site I found:
    http://www.motorcycle-luggage-trailers.info

Does anyome here have a trailer for their bike, and if so, does anyone pull a trailer with a 125 or smaller bike?!

I would be interested to hear from you as I'm hoping to acquire a cheap trailer for my bike!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

IrishTW wrote:
    Here's a good site I found:
    http://www.motorcycle-luggage-trailers.info

Does anyome here have a trailer for their bike, and if so, does anyone pull a trailer with a 125 or smaller bike?!

I would be interested to hear from you as I'm hoping to acquire a cheap trailer for my bike!!

this maybe makes sense in US but not in Ireland. The only trailer i seen was attached to HONDA GoldWing.

and another one on honda90 with guy brining pigeons to the market

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i was going to get a trailer for my rsv, there are some lovely ones out there. It seems pretty easy to put your own together with a car roof box and a few more widely available bits & pieces. You'd want a pretty light trailer for a 125cc though. Any kind of weight in it at all would kill what little power the bike has.

Personally, I'd think twice and maybe thrice before using any kind of trailer with a 125cc bike. I can't imagine trying to get up any hills with that rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

would you be allowed here? On my licence the only space for a trailer is on a car, van etc. No option for a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if they havent said no, presume it to be a yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Pataman wrote:
    would you be allowed here? On my licence the only space for a trailer is on a car, van etc. No option for a bike.

Why not email the Dept of Transport and ask ?
    (Please let us know the answer you get)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

IrishTW wrote:
    Does anyone pull a trailer with a 125 or smaller bike?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Construction and Use Regulations (SI 5/2003) only permit bikes over 125cc to tow trailers.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I thought this was about trailers to carry a bike!, LOL
    I wouldn't like to try towing anything with a 125 machine a recipe for rapid and fatal clutch wear.
    same goes for any small capacity bike under 500cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

"I thought this was about trailers to carry a bike!, "

Yeah when you try google or ebay on this, most of them are trailers for carrying a bike!
    Thanks for your advice though, I realise now that it's not worth sending the bike to an early grave!!

Advertisement