Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SK65 settings

• 16-03-2005 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have been offered a Siemens SK65 from a friend who is due an upgrade from O2. The problem is that I'm on Vodafone and want to be able to use GPRS and email etc.
    What's the best way to change the settings from O2 to Vodafone? Is it a simple case of entering the settings into the phone myself or would I need to have the firmware changed professionally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Check out siemens.ie go to configure my handset . Enter in phone details ie,, SK65. Place the vodafone sim in phone etc , delete the o2 settings if possible (not neccessary) . When you have completed the confiqure settings page enter your mobile number and siemens will then send you your settings to your phone .

You will then receive a txt message open it and you will be asked to save settings , Save to profile . You will need to do this 3 to 4 times for each settigs ie. Vodafone GPRS / MMS / SMS /WAP etc.

How to you plan to get the blackberry function working? as they have pop 3 settigs aswell on the siemens site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

Thanks Messiah
    How to you plan to get the blackberry function working? as they have pop 3 settigs aswell on the siemens site

I'm not sure how to go about this. Can this be done easily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

What's your impression of the sk65? I was thinking of getting one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

I haven't got it yet. I should have it on Friday.

yeah you should try the email client configure on the siemens site . that your best chance of getting to work.

Yeah I 'd be interested in the SK65 so post views when you get it working as it looks an impressive piece of kit.

Just to let you know there now been knocked out by german powersellers on ebay at 299 euro simfree and 30 DHL shipping so defo worth it for a phone with blackberry.

I am very interested to see what the situation is with the blackberry fuction as with the standard blackberry you had to have a contract with it . So tell us how much you are getting billed etc for the emails etc..

Are you planning to use it on Ready to go.

• Advertisement

first bit of bad news checked 02 guidelines for Siemens SK65 for blackberry

Please note, you will require an additional BlackBerry price plan on your O2 Account prior to setting up your BlackBerry email account. Please contact your dealer or Customer Care on
    1909 for more information.

Must be a way round this?

first bit of bad news checked 02 guidelines for Siemens SK65 for blackberry

Please note, you will require an additional BlackBerry price plan on your O2 Account prior to setting up your BlackBerry email account. Please contact your dealer or Customer Care on
    1909 for more information.

for blackberry to work your going to have gprs always on . now that may cost you a fortune of gprs .

Must be a way round this ie.. only using it on sending and checking at intervils like the standard email client on vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Hi,

would love to know how the SK65 went for any of ye ?

Am seriously considering getting one... but putting my O2 Speakeasy sim
    into it..... ignoring the blackberry features, and just having a smart "normal" phone.....

Anyone get any feedback on the SK65, especially billing ?

cheers,
    Owen

Advertisement