Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net 1

• 16-03-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anybody know anything good or bad about Net 1. I live in the sticks and I am trying to get broadband and there seems to be limited availabilty.

Do you know if they have a cap on downloading and do they allow file sharing.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

No caps mate,where are you,iam in the middle of nowhere and theyre coming to my house to chat today!

Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brazz

I'm about 4km North of Drogheda, in a place called Tullyallen.

You should get it then so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

brazz,

Any joy with getting broadband in Tullyallen?

I'm a bit out of the village, near to the Ruscon factory.

Do you know where the signal is coming from (the Boyne cable bridge?)

cheers,
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

yea iv got Net1. Im out in Kilkerley just outside Dundalk and the service is quite good. I get a solid 600k during the day (9-5) and at night it goes up to about 800k or so. Im on a 1.1Meg connection but im happy with the speed since it was a free upgrade from 600k.

• Advertisement

Thats good nl, does rain or fog halt it a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

yea heavy fog does effect it. But that would be a fairly rare occurance. Iv never noticed rain having any effect.

Advertisement